Firearrow

Going for Coues out of Globe

I have been going to a spot out side of Globe AZ every other year for about eight years now, I live in Sacramento CA so it makes scouting trips kind of hard. The area I see the Coues are up high in the mountains, and usually in the drainages. I usually stumble upon them, and it makes it hard to put them to bed so that I can try to get an arrow in them. O ya by the way I still have not arrowed a Coues yet. So the question I have is one, is my method of trying to spot them up high and put them to bed a bad idea? Two, should I be looking for a better area than in drainages. Three is there a better area or ounit I should looking into, and no I am not trying to steal someones spot. Basically I am admitting I don't know a lot about Coues, and I am asking any and all Coues Masters for help. Thanks.

Because the new world non-typical was taken "up there" last December, a lot of guys are expecting the place to be complete zoo in August. My advice would be to try another unit.

Mark

And I also heard today its on fire again. Have not seen it for sure but thats what I was told.

There looks like there are actually two fires on the Mtn, I noticed it when I was heading back to town this weekend after scouting for bear in the San Carlos. Looked like lighting caused?

It does not matter where you hunt, just so have a concentration of deer there... It is going to be hard to connect on a coues with your limited knowlege of the areas and your limited time frame.... however hard work, and a little luck will eventually get you a buck. Spot and stalk coues hunting is one of the toughest things you can do unless you really understand them and spend lots of time around them. Perfect timing on when to hunt will also help you to score a good buck. I personally would recomend that you spent a day or two looking for the right spot, throw down a ground blind and ambush one... you might have better success that way.... Good Luck.

the two small fires in the pinals over the weekend has since gone out and the pinals are always crazy in august anyways i would recomend trying another area not necessarily another unit theres still alot of area around globe that has tremendously good bucks!!!

Because the new world non-typical was taken "up there" last December, a lot of guys are expecting the place to be complete zoo in August. My advice would be to try another unit.

Mark

I'm going there for the first time this year and I have a map! :lol:

Mark

I'm going there for the first time this year and I have a map! :lol:

Want some company??? :lol: :lol:

its actually a lightning caused fire i beleive , they were fighting it with planes the other day it flares up then dies down then flares up agiain oh well they need it they are so over grown its not funny!!!