Sign in to follow this  
azhuntergirl

Poached Elk and Stolen Apache Trout

I just don't understand what drives some folks...... Only one way to describe them..... Frickin' Losers! :angry:

All right i will bite. How do you steal a large amount of trout? They are slippery.

Bob

All right i will bite. How do you steal a large amount of trout? They are slippery.

Bob

Lol I'm honestly not too sure! Bait net? Who knows. Point is....our resources are being depleted by tools. Makes me so mad I could spit! But I'm a lady, and I don't do those sorts of things ;)

More than likely one of the little scumbags from Springerville/Eagar area...poaching is a right of passage up there. Kind of like being initiated into a gang....makes me sick. What makes me even sicker is the fact they will more than likely catch the culpret...they will go before the Round Valley Justice Court have there hand slaped and a little fine and be ready for archery deer season in a couple weeks. I hate to say it but I've seen it over and over again especially with the minors. Once a poacher always a poacher...just like a the old saying about a bear that has tasted human blood.

More than likely one of the little scumbags from Springerville/Eagar area...poaching is a right of passage up there. Kind of like being initiated into a gang....makes me sick. What makes me even sicker is the fact they will more than likely catch the culpret...they will go before the Round Valley Justice Court have there hand slaped and a little fine and be ready for archery deer season in a couple weeks. I hate to say it but I've seen it over and over again especially with the minors. Once a poacher always a poacher...just like a the old saying about a bear that has tasted human blood.

When you get caught for something like this, the case is first taken to court. And once you are found guilty, your case goes to the commision for civil damsges and loss of licenses. This can be big bucks so there is no slap on the wrist here.

Bob

Simple, you wait for the hatchery guy to finish loading a stocking truck and then steal the truck.

When you get caught for something like this, the case is first taken to court. And once you are found guilty, your case goes to the commision for civil damsges and loss of licenses. This can be big bucks so there is no slap on the wrist here.

I understand how the system works. But trust me I have seen the slap on the wrist come from the AZ G&F as well especially when dealing with minors. Most of the ones I know that have been caught poaching from that area have never hunted leagally in their life so a loss of license is no big deal. And so what if they don t pay the fine what will they really do to them ? Lock them up? Not likely... does the GF have any recourse against the parents? probably, but that would make them get involved in the lives of their childern and heaven forbid that happen. The bottom line is that most scumbag poachers could really care less about having a license or being legal so taking away a privilege they never respected is not going have any effect on their decision making process. If they want to poach they will poach. I am not sure what the answer is and I feel that yes the civil penalties have gotten much better over the past few years the criminal aspect of the prosecution is a joke. They jerk-offs are stealing from the people of the State of Arizona with very little consequence in my opinion. Sorry to get on a soap box but this one really irritates me as I grew up in this area and saw this same crap go on from generation to generation my entire life. I will tell you that for every 1 elk they find dead there are at least 5 more that were poached that were never found.

Here as perfect example of the type of behavior you see out of the adults in that same area:

http://www.azgfd.net/wildlife/hunting-news...ent/2009/06/08/

This happened just a few months back.

These are the role models that are suppose to be guiding our youth to being better sportsman? Not much faith here.......

I know of 2 guys who shot 2 bighorn sheep with pistols one of which was pregnant and they were given a 1k fine and NO loss of license and that was here in AZ. Slap of the wrist happens OFTEN

I believe poachers should be banned from ever hunting in the state. But I'm in agreement that most poachers probably don't posess licenses and don't care about that loss. I take it all back to the days when stealing a man's horse was a capital offense. Hang 'em high.

I know what you mean about some of the riff raff up in the Springerville/St Johns area. In the summer of 2007 I went to Becker lake early one mornig to go flyfishing and someone had dumped around twentyto thirty dead jackrabbits into the water at the boat ramp and dozens of busted beer bottles all over.

The G&F officer came to clean it up, and I heard that some individuals were retaliating because they banned the use of bait on the lake, and these same people do not like the G&F personnel, and have committed numerous crimes and have even made death threats. Just what I was told by a local. :angry:

there's scum everywhere. you want to see scum... look around you. i don't think anyone should characterize people in eagar/springerville as scum because animals are poached up there (though the st. johns comment is pretty accurate ;) ). animals get poached in the desert too. it probably was kids, but it coulda been kids from anywhere. there's lots of city folk up there that time of year... probably more city kids than locals. thing is, if you don't know for sure, then keep your mouth shut. if you do know for sure, call the game thief hotline.

Did I hear that there was another Elk poaching? I hope I did not hear that right!