Sign in to follow this  
Tines

Slik Tripod

Anyone have experience/knowledge with this tripod? Thanks

I have the 713 also and love it. The 614 is a 4 section tripod and a bit smaller diameter legs than the 713 or 714. It would be great for backpacking for 8's and 10's. It would be a little light for 15's. The 713 handles the 15's well. I've had mine for years with no problems. I like the leg adjustments. The are concentric with the legs and make for a streamline tripod. B and H photo have them for around $230.00.

I have the 714cf and have used the 614cf. The 7 is definately sturdier under 15's but the 6 work it is alot smaller folded up. I'm about 5' 10" and if I was a few inches taller id have to get a set of legs taller than this to use while standing up

I have been using the Slik CF 614 for the past 2 years. I really enjoy it. I am 6 ft tall and if I am glassing from a standing position it is barely tall enough. I have used it with 10s and 15s and both are fine. Obviously when glassing from a sitting position it is much sturdier than standing, but I dont hesitate to use it standing.

I was a little hesitant about how long the leg locks would last since they are the screw type and not the latch. 2 tough years and they are still working fine.

Definately would recommend this compact lightweight tripod.