Sign in to follow this  
fireman

places to shoot

usery pass shooting range

3939 N Usery Pass Rd

Mesa, AZ 85207

(480) 984-0032

www.maricopa.gov/parks/usery

Upper Sycamore creak area, across from the four peaks turnoff off of highway 87. Not sure if it is still closed for fire restrictions they close it every summer for target practicing. To avoid the crowds you must go during the week if possible.

Just be careful where you choose to go.... if not the range.... Make Sure it is Forest land and not State Trust land (target sgooting is not allowed on state trust and use of state trust land is restricted if you do not have a permit or are actively hunting .... lots of areas I grew up shooting at and still getting used have had many leaving with tickets .... one of the closest places is going out off the road leading to rogers trough ... once east of the big creek bottom you are clear (your long range shooting my be limited and weekends tend to have lots of traffic) ... people shooting before the the creek or the old Witlow dam cut above Queen valley are getting nailed all the the time... your best bet is still Rio Salado (aka usery) ....

I work in Queen Valley and thats where we used to shoot and there was a place in Superior. Problem is the people leaving all the junk mess it up for the rest of us.

Yes the Cut out by Queen Valley was awesome for the years it could be used ... and it was ruined by the people dumping and shooting everything from bowling balls to cars and leaving them behind... Sad part is that we losse a Safe area to set up long range shots with very little traffic ... Wish they would just make it a range and give us another choice for target shooting... I say Sight in at an actual range first ... then fine tune it out in the feild on Coyotes and such... then state trust land is even an option

I used to drive to Bushnell tanks to do my long range shooting. unfortunately, the Forest Disservice has permanently closed Bushnell tanks to everyone but the cattle permit holder, who is free to use the area as he pleases.

I work in Queen Valley and thats where we used to shoot and there was a place in Superior. Problem is the people leaving all the junk mess it up for the rest of us.

Unfortunately it is starting to look like what Sycamore has turned into. I went into that area to shoot this morning for the first time in about a year and couldn't believe how bad it has gotten. I can't believe people think it's okay to take trash somewhere, shoot it up and then leave it.

people shooting before the the creek or the old Witlow dang cut above Queen valley

I know a witlow that grew up ranching that area. Great guy.