Sign in to follow this  
TwoGuns

Am i the only one so psychotic...?

I know I must have tipped over the edge of the paranoid hunter cliff at this point. But I am wondering if anyone else has joined me. Surely some of you have thought of this sort of thing as well.

Last week I ordered some MORE Luminol.... :blink: There is a new kind out, called Bluestar that is supposed to be much better and brighter. It will react with the smallest amount of blood and cause it to glow in the dark bright blue/green.

Having looked for blood in the dark more times than I care to count, and having lost track of animals by not being able to follow their blood trail, I am hoping this might help in that situation.

Here is what their website says...

BLUESTAR® FORENSIC is a new reagent whose purpose is to reveal blood stains that have been washed out, wiped off or which are invisible to the naked eye. This product is intended for crime investigators. Based upon chemiluminescence, its unique formula qualifies it as the most effective blood revealer available on the market, for crime scene as well as forensic lab use. BLUESTAR® glows bright (the glow does not require total darkness to be visible) and lasts hours after mixing.

and a link... Bluestar

bluestar-training_MED.jpg

I will be carrying it with me in my pack, and should the need arise, hopefully it will help.

Twoguns the Paranoid

Excuse me for my chuckles. I've never heard of this tactic before! But it sounds quite clever. Wouldn't a blue lens on a sure fire do the same thing? That's what me and that pops do!

Never used the stuff, it might be great and work better than my method though. Peroxide in a spray bottle helps a bunch confirming blood rather than the 3000 other red things in the dark. Let us know how it works out for you, or better yet, make a great shot so you don't need it.

Good luck,

Kevin

+1 to the peroxide in a small spray bottle.

But I'm interested in this stuff as well. Have you done any tests with this new mixture? Shouldn't be too hard to test I wouldn't think. Thaw some back straps out and you have a nice test subject I would think.