Sign in to follow this  
AAA

Alaska Sitka Blacktail

Doug- I've been there! Didn't have snow when I was there though!!

Scenery

post-131-1251211517_thumb.jpg

My little buck

post-131-1251211589_thumb.jpg

The deer hunting and the scenery are unbelievable, but a Kodiak trip is not for the faint of heart!! STEEP hills and I wound up having to fill out the 'Defense of Life and Property' paperwork courtesy of Alaska Fish and Game. Yogi wanted to fight me over a deer I was carrying out. Great experience, but I'm NEVER going back!!

OH MY,

I thought they frowned upon hero pics of DLP's. I saw a bunch of bears, and they are big and fast. Made me feel like "I" was trespassing.

I'd go tomorrow if I could, or the next day, or the next day. Wouldn't want to live there but sure would like to glass big Sitkas every year.

--Bill

Not trying to get you all excited. When we were checked by a Trooper we told him about the bears we had been seeing. He told us that if a bear confronted us for a deer it was his deer. We were pushed off a kill but fortunately we had the meat in our packs and the bear was content with the skin and guts. I guess I don't understand a proud picture of a deer on the ground with nobody next to it, and 3 deer piled in a truck. Then trophy shots of a DLP, even one with a hat posed on it's head :blink: . I'm happy for you and your family that you made it home safe. Kodiak is a dangerous place, but we know that before we go there.

I guess I deserve to be flamed away. :unsure:

--Bill

I guess I don't understand a proud picture of a deer on the ground with nobody next to it, and 3 deer piled in a truck. Then trophy shots of a DLP, even one with a hat posed on it's head :blink: .

My thoughts exactly. It seems a bit "tacky" to me.