Michael1

Unit 21- HELP !!!... First time in Unit

Squaw peak looking towards Verde Valley and Pine Mt. This will give you an idea of the country if you hunt up here. The last three were of the north side of Pine MT.

post-3633-1253495371_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495401_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495438_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495477_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495522_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495564_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495618_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495662_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495706_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495755_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495815_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495871_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253495971_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253496015_thumb.jpg

post-3633-1253496053_thumb.jpg

Hi Jess- Wow... Thanks for all the great pics. It's looks like the same kinda country I been huntin for years in Unit 22. It's big & vast with many places to hide a nice buck. Since you know this unit so well, if you had to guess where most of the hunters hunt, where would it be ?. I hate crowds & prefer to stay away from most other hunters. If your like me it's the other hunters that screw ya up more than not finding deer. I have one buddy hunting with me until sunday & then I'm on my own for the rest of the hunt ( Weds. ). I'm looking forward to getting up there to find a place to hunt,camp,etc. ASAP !!!. I may even get up there during the week this week for a day trip. I probably won't take my quad though. I'll just look around & get to learn a few areas this week & go from there. Then later I'll get back up there with my buddy for maybe a weekend scouting thing. I know he wants to see the area too. He's just getting started hunting in Az. He went last year in Unit 22 with me but missed his first Coues buck ever seen. Bummer !!!. I think we have all missed one or two in our day !!!. I know I have.

I'll keep in touch with ya & thank you for all your input. Please thank your wife for posting the GREAT pics !!!!! I have some pics to share with you if you like- Bears,Lions,Elk..... your email ???

Here's my regular email if you want to go that route- glunkin1@yahoo.com

Thanks Again Guys- Michael

Go throgh salt mine rd right in camp verde and it will wind around and hunt the slopes coming off of squaw peak,the road continues all the way to aranch then it becomes part of the pine mntn wilderness area there are tones of deer in there,good luck

Go throgh salt mine rd right in camp verde and it will wind around and hunt the slopes coming off of squaw peak,the road continues all the way to aranch then it becomes part of the pine mntn wilderness area there are tones of deer in there,good luck

Don't mean to correct you but the wilderness you're talking about is the Cedar Bench Wilderness. The PM Wilderness is a few miles south of the southern boundary of the CBW across the Verde Rim.

Have a great hunt and keep us posted on all your coues ventures.

Don't mean to correct you but the wilderness you're talking about is the Cedar Bench Wilderness. The PM Wilderness is a few miles south of the southern boundary of the CBW across the Verde Rim.

Have a great hunt and keep us posted on all your coues ventures.

Grong is right, try south and west of Brown Spring Ranch, from the road in there you can glass and see deer deer sunning themselves in the early morning, especially in the Dec. Get good Binos and look to the south and the west. Good luck!