Sign in to follow this  
ultramag

archery elk

not coues related but just thought id ask. last year and the year before i noticed that it seems like their was more bulls than cows in the units that i visited, did anyone else notice that.or was that just me.

My personal experience last year was that I saw more cows than bulls. This of course was a good thing, because I had an archery cow tag. ;)

Not saying we didn't see lots of bulls (and a couple of real bruisers), but we definitely saw more cows. This was in unit 1.

S.

:)

I was told by another hunter, during last years hunt in unit 5B, that he had been seeing a 2 or 3:1 bull to cow ratio. I have to say that I also saw a couple of bulls"sharing" a herd. Nothing like sloppy seconds I guess... ;)

Last two years in unit 1/27 I have personally seen many bulls......seems like the ratio would be 2:1 bulls to cows............Allen.....opening morning of last years archery was great, we had approximately 10-15 bulls bugling and chasing in the timber..........only saw about 8 cows in that area.......

yea thats what i saw last couple of years in 5a.i even had a bull tag last year.it would have been hard to shot a cow.easy for a bull.i was going to post the pics but dont know how.we got two bulls last year that i would show off it was not so hard to post them.

E-mail the pics to Amanda and she can post them for you, you know we all love those pictures!

Last year in 10 I did see more cows than in years past but the ratio was still probably 2:1 and the competition was great. I noticed that more bulls had a few cows and there wasn't any really big groups or herds.