Sign in to follow this  
shylopolito

Has anyone?

Has anyone tried any of the ground blinds from ameristep?

If so, what would you reccomend? What would you stay away from?

If not ameristep or the double bull from primos, any other blinds worth while?

I have the ameristep penthouse blind and I like it a lot. Have not used a double bull so I cant compare, but the penthouse is huge enough for two people easy. Also easy to set up and carry on your back. for the money i think they are fine. Sportsmansguide.com has em for a good price.

twoguns

I have 2 Brickhouses and am very happy with them for the $

I have used a doublebull and they are better built but for the

increase in price I will stay with the BH and if stolen it don't hurt

NEAR as bad.

i just ordered a blind from rhino labs. less expensive than a db and supposedly built very well. well see how it works and holds up.

My dad and I bought Primos Ground Max Vision in August. It is well built and we both fit in it. We spent 15 hours in it a day for 3 days. Not bad at all I was impressed. 12 different doe's were also hanging out with us at 10 yards for the 3 days.

They were on sale for $165 free shipping at Rogers.

Great buy,

detox

Double Bull man... the quality is unmatched. Keith and Brookes still design them and control the quality. TDB is by far the best. Hands down.

I have spent more money on blinds than I would like to admit, but once I bought one DB, I will never buy anything else.

Double Bull hands down... Almost three years ago we had a really dry winter and deer (carp) were watering everyday on the water I was hunting. I used a Ameristep blind for the first couple of days of hunting and every deer that walked into the water were very spooked and would never settle down. After a windstorm and a broken blind I got my hands on a Double Bull and it was amazing. I placed the Double Bull in the same location as the Ameristep and the deer hardely payed me any attention. Just my opinion but if you can afford the Double Bull its way worth the money..

We owned an Ameristep ONCE, must have been one of the first ones...was almost impossible to get back into bag. Ever since we have had Double Bull blinds and will probably not own anything else. We have three of them and are very happy with them.

Kathi

I have an Ameristep Brick House. I like it but I have never owned any other so I can't say. I have heard great things abut DB but I couldn't afford one when I bought mine. The only problem I have is I shoot a 35" Axle to Axle bow so I have to pull the window down farther than I like to shoot. If I kept them just cracked open the top pulley hits the top of the blind. I assume I would have that problem in any blind though.

For the money you can't go wrong with Ameristep blinds. I will say they are harder to put up than a double bull but easier on the pocket book. If you can aford a double bull blind you will not regret the purchase. I have one of the older models and just love it. The newer 360 matrix are nice but to many things to go wrong than the older version. Just to many moving parts to fuss with. The rods have a tendency to break if not put up properly. I can pull mine out of the bag and have it set-up in 15 seconds and hardly any noise. I've been very successful hunting out of mine. Good luck on your choice. :)

TJ

I've got a few of the DB's and love em'! I just recently had my first experience with the big Ameristep blind, I don't know what style it was, it's a friends. It worked fine but it was very comical to watch 2 full grown men trying to figure out how to get it to collapse! I gave up and threw it in back of the truck halfway popped up still, even at camp with the instructions we still had a hard time folding it up and gettin' it in the bag! JIM>

The bouble Bull blinds cost more for several reasons.

1. the material is specially made for DB (the fabric, and the camo).

2. the material that is cut to make the windows can't be reused

3. they are heavier duty material, lasts longer

4. holds your sent in better

5. doesn't flap in the wind

6. doesn't reflect light (that spooks game too)

4. only one zipper, the windows are flaps, no noise - I can step into mine with the infinately adjustable windows (never have to open the zipper at all)

5. 6 second setup (that's how long it takes me to put up my matrix)

6. The hub system is made out of metal/steel.

7. There are additional ties to steak it to the ground at the side hubs.

8. Comes with it's own cotton bag and sling to carry it (cotton not to make noise when you slide it out of the bag)

9. you can use the tie straps to tie foliage to your bling to break up the outline better

10. There is a roof flap for duck/water fowl huntin, or to let some heat out in the summer.

11. all black interior, you wear black inside, no animals can see you, including humans for that matter...

12. They are super cool guys, that stand behind there products. They have the longest warranty on the market.

Brooke's and Keith (one eyed stinky Pete), are the real deal, they design them based on there real world hunting experience, and have killed thousands of animals around the world to prove the there blinds are the best for a reason. They are built that way.

man, the list goes on and on.

I have seen first hand, someone using one of those ameristep blinds on a water hole, and the antelope went half a mile around that water hole to go to one where there was a double bull (public land).

I have had deer walk to 5 feet from my blind, with me and two kids in it. never spooked them at all. AND I PUT THE BLIND UP WHEN WE WALKED IN THAT AFTERNOON. do that with an ameristep blind.

For the guy that shoots a long bow, I do too. Mine is an English flatbow, about 5 feet long. They make a recurve height blind, at no additional charge that is about almost a foot taller than the regular blinds. Besides, I don't have problems shooting out of my blind with any of my trad bows.

Randy has some up at Archery HQ in Chandler. He is a great guy, and runs one of the finest shops in the western US. If you are down here in Tucson area, email me and I will let you check out one of mine.

And if my post here doesn't help you out, call double bull... 1-800-523-2395

here is a video clip from bowhuntingworld magazine.

if that link does't work try this one