Sign in to follow this  
mcgrew24

girlfriends first deer

Sorry this one is a little late. I introduced my girlfriend to the outdoors and hunting 2 years ago. Her first was a pig tag which was unsuccessfull but that didnt matter she was hooked, so the following year i decided to put her in for a deer tag and she drew a 36b second hunt coues tag. The third day of the hunt we glassed up a fork a little over 600 yards away, I wasnt comfortable with her making that shot, so we put a stalk on to get closer, glassing along the way. As we made our way up to the buck i glassed up another buck bedded under a tree staring right at us, he had us pegged but wasnt really concerned with what we were doing. We then set up her shooting stick and she layed the hammer down on the buck at 210 yards with her 223ssm. I was more excited than when i shot my first deer. It was an awesome exerience and she even gutted it herself.

post-2880-1255925086.jpg

post-2880-1255925110.jpg

Congratulations girlfriend! I hope you are hooked on this hunting stuff. Great story and pics. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Awesome story and congrats. Im glad your boyfriend got you into hunting. My boyfriend got me into hunting as well and I have been hooked every since. Just got a deer with my bow about a month ago and it was a rush. Your deer is awesome. Can't wait to see more stories and pics in the future... :D Thank god for patient men!!!

congrats to both of you!!! im tryin to get my fiance to hunt, she says she wants to go but dosent know if she could kill something. anyways, good job man!

leland

Welcome to the site and great job gettin' your girl into the game! That's a great buck and thanks for sharing the story and pic's with us! JIM>

Fantastic job getting her in the field and bonus for a good buck. Mine has her first deer tag this year.