Sign in to follow this  
stalkincoues

Where can I buy black powder locally?

I didn't do a lot of research but hopefully someone on here can tell me where to go, well politely at least ;)

The places I called only sell Substitute and I already own and use Pyrodex which has worked flawlessly in my cap side locks.

I plan on getting drawn for the H.A.M. hunt I put in for in Feb. and need to shoot my T/C Flintlock Renegade soon I bought last year. From what I have read and heard I should be getting GOEX, and I need FFG for the main charge and FFFG for the primer in the pan. I looked at trackofthewolf.com and they only sell it in 1 lb. cans and boxes of 25 (25lbs. at a time). Don't think I'l need quite that much. Maybe someone on here has some or can help me out as to where to go. Thank you!

I way prefer Swiss powder I have found that 1 1/2 F in the Swiss works the best. It is so much cleaner burning you will have to clean a tenth as much. You can see the difference just looking at the powder. It is real black powder not fake. It was made to shoot in small arms not cannons as was Goex. The winter Nationals Muzzle Loader Shoot at Ben Avery is in January "I think" there is always a guy there that has some but be early he sells out fast. If you need some now I always have some extra or I can find his number and get it to you. You can get it shipped to your door. Good luck

post-90-1256678766.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys. I called Bass pro and they are out of it. I still haven't even been in Bass Pro yet, that would have given me a reason to finally go. Didn't even think about them carrying it.

P.M. sent on the Swiss. Nice looking rifle and figure on it Walking W. Very cool picture.