Kel

24A--Oct.30th Hunt

Hey, just wondering-has CrazyaboutCoues or anyone else had any luck on scouting 24A? I will be going out early this Saturday morning to scout. Not asking to give up any of your honeyholes, but can you give a novice some advice? You can reply back here or send email to dkeldon@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Keldon

I have been out a couple of times and haven't had much luck spotting any deer. I have seen some sign. I have the same hunt. I hope we find some bucks when it counts!

Justin

weve been out alot and have seen some great deer this year so far my daughter has this hunt also, looked around the pinto valley turn off to the south but all I saw was alot of hunters getting set up so I guess its time to focus on some other areas I think!oops my bad my daughter has the first hunt that starts tomorrow

Seen some nice deer in the unit. My hunt starts tomorrow so i'm leaving now later! :P

PS Scouting might be knind of hard this weekend since there is a hunt going on in the unit starting tomorrow!

I have the same hunt starting next weekend. We have scouted the North section of dripping springs mountain and have seen a good amount of activity. Any thoughts about the Apache Mountaings? I have attached a picture (i think) of what we saw today

post-3589-1256259552.jpg

24a is a very good unit to hunt whitetail in, here's a couple photo's of a buck that I have been watching.

post-2513-1256263862_thumb.jpg

post-2513-1256263891_thumb.jpg

That's a nice one. Our group is afraid that the southern portion of the unit will be overloaded so we are thinking about the northen portion. any thoughts on that?

That's a nice one. Our group is afraid that the southern portion of the unit will be overloaded so we are thinking about the northen portion. any thoughts on that?

Play the hunters to your advantage, get up on a hill side that you will have a good advantage point sit and glass all day. Most of those bucks will hold tight, it takes a lot of patients just sit and glass and glass. I have sat on those hills for 3 or 4 hours glassing only to get frustrated then out of no where there's a buck. Just my opinion if it were my tag I would still hunt the southern part of the unit, lots of good bucks down there. Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks for the advise. That was how our 6A December Rut went last year. Sit and glass, sit and glass then after 3 hours they appeared as if they were watching us. Crazy!!

Was out there this weekend and the southern portion is full of camps and hunters I wanted to hunt that too but now am changing my mind

And you run into mule deer in the apache mnts

so I was out there all day today from dawn till dark on my daughters hunt glassed glassed and glassed some more started out with some does and then went cold switched spots and ran into a ton of hunters then more hunters and then even more hunters then when we finally got into a remote area weve known to hold some great deer nothing till we were on our way out, we must of went right by this buck on the way in (sneaky lil guys) but he jumped up and was on the run my daughter never got a shot nice big ole buck, dang it! lucky guy will live for now but tomorrow is the day for success.