Sign in to follow this  
parothead

Where to hunt in unit 26

Travis,

I have heard that there is a lot of private property to contend with regarding access issues. I assume you will be contacting the game warden for that area, and maybe he can tell you what ranches allow access. Terraserver.com can show you topos and aerial photos of the region.

RR

Travis,

I have heard that  there is a lot of private property to contend with regarding access issues.  I assume you will be contacting the game warden for that area, and maybe he can tell you what ranches allow access.  Terraserver.com can show you topos and aerial photos of the region.

RR

Yes, you are correct. There is mostly private land and big bucks I am told. I am very excited to have drawn in this unit! Thanks.

Where the heck is Unit 26?

It is located in the S.W. corner of the state SR 146,east of SR 338 and south of I10, over to SR 146 and the Mexican border. It is very remote with a population of less than 6,000.

Parot, I drew the same tag, almost all private with little to no access, spotty public ground, take a look at Gillespie mtn. north end...depending on what happens in the az draw thats probably where i will be... good luck..

Sorry there parothead, I was in the wrong forum and thought you were asking about AZ. I know exactly where you are talking about now. I can't help you with good areas there but last year when I was hunting in 27 (New Mexico) those mountains across the valley in 26 looked awesome. Good luck to you.

Travis, I hunted one year down in unit 26 and took a good muley. We also saw some Coues deer. Email me and I'll hook you up with where we went.

Scott

2001 NM Muley

ScottNM2001IIb.jpg

That is a very nice deer Scott, is the next picture gonna be of you packin that one out like you do the coues.

Keith, actually I do have a photo of me packing out this monster. He was deboned and still liked to have killed me. I'll see if I can find it and scan it.

Scott

Did you get the goats after that one, that had to be a haul deboned or not.

Travis, I hunted one year down in unit 26 and took a good muley.  We also saw some Coues deer.  Email me and I'll hook you up with where we went.

Scott

2001 NM Muley

ScottNM2001IIb.jpg

Thank you Scott,

Great Buck!

My e-mail address is parothead06@aol.com. I would greatly appreciate any info you can give me. I don't know how to retrieve your e-mail address. Thanks again.

Travis Roberts

Parot, I drew the same tag, almost all private with little to no access, spotty public ground, take a look at Gillespie mtn. north end...depending on what happens in the az draw thats probably where i will be... good luck..

Thanks for your help. Good luck !