Sign in to follow this  
Coues Sniper

Monster "Management" bucks

Str8shot's thread of his friend's big 2 point got me all worked up about shooting a monster 2 point myself. I have a goal of shooting a 100"+ 2 point Coues before my hunting days are over. I really like stuff like that. Huge "Management" type bucks ;) . I also have a goal of killing a 3 point Muley over 180, and a 5x5 bull over 365. My old man was chasing a bull up here in NV that was the biggest 5x5 I've ever even heard of. A buddy found his sheds that year and they went 405 - as a 5x5. His thirds were over 31" :blink: . Most amazing bull I have ever seen. He was killed a few years later and went 345 busted up. We guessed he was 380 or so if he was whole. I bet there are guys on here that have seen/killed animals like that so lets see some! Post up some pics of your Monster Management bucks and bulls ;) .

And if anyone has a B&C book and can look up the biggest 2 point Coues, 3 point Muley, and 5x5 Elk in B&C (If there are any) I'd love to know what they scored. Thanks,

Kevin

Couessniper,

Josh said the biggest 2 point he knows of was a 112-115 (gross) buck killed by a guy who hunted with Jim Reynolds. I called Jim to see if we can post pic, but haven't heard back yet. Josh thinks maybe it nets around 109.

Amanda

Amanda, do you happen to have the score sheet and/or pictures of the 2 point you scored at Mauros ranch in Sonora? Do you remember that buck? You said you'll love to kill a buck like that, remember?

Ernesto C

Couessniper,

Josh said the biggest 2 point he knows of was a 112-115 (gross) buck killed by a guy who hunted with Jim Reynolds. I called Jim to see if we can post pic, but haven't heard back yet. Josh thinks maybe it nets around 109.

Amanda

Amanda,

Jim said on the other thread that buck went 114 gross and netted 111! He's trying to dig up a picture. I sure hope he finds one ;)

Amanda, do you happen to have the score sheet and/or pictures of the 2 point you scored at Mauros ranch in Sonora? Do you remember that buck? You said you'll love to kill a buck like that, remember?

Ernesto C

I searched through my pics and scoresheets from the ranch and can't find any 2 point. I am surprised I didn't at least have a pic of it.

Amanda

I've got a shed of a huge 5x5 elk that my brother and I found several years ago. We actually glassed up the bull over a mile away and even with 10X binoculars we could tell he was a 6x6, well over 400. We went for a closer look, but the bull vanished into a nasty canyon. Not 30 yards from where he was bedded we found a shed from two years prior. I will get some pics of it later today and post it. I never did score it, so maybe I will take a minute and do that as well.

BTW,

Those are some pretty lofty, yet very cool goals you have set. I hope you are able to accomplish them. I imagine you would join a very short list, or maybe even start your own list of hunters who have done it.

I saw a monster 2 point mule deer a guy shot years ago. Probably 30" wide, a real old buck on the downward side. But I have never seen a real big 2 point whitetail, maybe someday?

OK here it is. I just scored it and came up with 155 and that's an "as is" score. The shed has probably 7-8 inches broken off. This bull is probably right at or a little under your minimum score for your goal after figuring the spread. Two impressive measurements are a 10 inch base and 21+ G2!!

DSC_3532.jpg

Holy Fronts :blink: Sweet shed Blake, thanks for sharing. A buddy of mine killed a big 5x6 this year that went 391. He doesn't want the kill pictures posted, but here's a couple of him alive, he's the bull on the left. The kill pics were posted on another site, if anyone's interested PM me and I'll send a link. I also included a huge 2 point Muley that I think is pretty neat. I'd shoot him on just about any tag - look at that frame...

I think I'll be pretty lucky to get even one of those goals accomplished, but it would be pretty neat to get all 3. I've seen a few bulls that would qualify, and probably one mule deer, but I don't think I've ever seen a 2 point Coues that would break 100". Close though ;). The sheds from that huge 5x5 were turned into a King's calendar - I'll see if I can turn that picture up. I also know of a big muley taken in Mexico a few years back that was a 3 point that netted book. I haven't seen it yet, but I'll see if I can hunt down a picture.

post-1287-1258248353_thumb.jpg

post-1287-1258248362_thumb.jpg

post-1287-1258248378.jpg

Found it. Remember this is one of those Kings's recreations, not an actual picture. And I was wrong about his G3's being 31... his right G3 was 33 and 6/8" and even though it doesn't look it, his left was 29". There's not many bulls I'd shoot before that one, 405 as a 5x5... he really gets me going ;)

post-1287-1258249961.jpg