JVS

Minox 15x56 or Brunton 15x51

Alright...I've seen some good comments about the minox 15x58 and brunton 15x51. I need to know which pair is better for the money. I've never looked through the Bruntons, but I like the minox. Are the Bruntons well made? Anyone seen them side-by-side?

minox 15x58 hands down

but i think you are going to have a hard time finding them

but if you dont find the minox

dont go with the brunton 15x51 go with the Nikon Monarch ATB - Binoculars 12 x 56

cheeper and not a bad bino

good luck but out of all of them like i said if you can find it go with the minox

Give Doug at CameraLand a call to get a pair of the Minox at a great price.

One has to wonder why the Brunton gets mentioned so rarely, huh?

Give Doug at CameraLand a call to get a pair of the Minox at a great price.

One has to wonder why the Brunton gets mentioned so rarely, huh?

I think Brunton gets mentioned so rarely bcs its not as clear as some of the other ones out there its almost there but just missing something saying that bcs I don’t like Brunton but my friend has one and everyone that has looked thought them said the same thing

I think Brunton gets mentioned so rarely bcs its not as clear as some of the other ones out there its almost there but just missing something saying that bcs I don’t like Brunton but my friend has one and everyone that has looked thought them said the same thing

Yep, who wants or needs an unsharp view when looking long. At high magnification and longer distances, build and image quality becomes more important. Don't see too many Swaro users trading in for a Brunton/Barska/Trashco and using the extra thousand dollars to go hunting.

The Nikon Monarch ATB - Binoculars 12 x 56 is not bad buy for the money you can’t go wrong

But I tell every one that in the market for binos or just starting in this madness (Coues hunting) save up and go with the Swaro or even the Minox.

I think we all did it at one point were we bought something on the cheep or something that was second best and the next seasons want out and got the better quality item. IE spending more money <_<

I can’t tell you how many times I did that in the past with so many things :angry:

Get the Minox from Cameraland if you have 550.00 and don't have a problem with the binos not closing narrow enough for your eyes. Unfortunately I do and so I've written here different times the options I have and the tests I've done.

The bruntons are the best of the 50mm objectives class (Zeiss 15X45, Viper 15X50) not counting the Leica, (I just can't afford them). 300.00 gets you in the serious glassing game. Visually they compare with the Docter big porros and do decent in low light, better than I thought. Weigh a pound less than the big obj, so go on my BP hunts, I really just use them for everything now.

There's no problem with the clarity of the bruntons, just a little whitewash or the colors aren't as startling as my buddies swaros. These guys are or have been guides and don't say a thing about my glass, just ask me to come, I still find the hidden animals better than them, just experience/technique trumps glass.

I looked through the Kaibabs at Sportsman and they are so close to closing for my eyes, they will work. With breaking my leg helping on an elk hunt it'll be a long time before I seriously look to pick those up.

The Bruntons are suprisingly good glass, 300.00, and if that's what you have, or want light weight, get them and get in the game.

The Minox seem good, looking with one eye, but I go more off my Minox 10X HGs and knowing they're really good, so recommend them also. Next up the price list would be Kaibab, then the big 2, Swaro/Leica. We're talking roofs not porros.

Minox 15X58

My humble opinion.

Kent

i think Cameraland is the only place in the country that has them

here's pics of the Brunton, antelope buck at about 2 miles, there are corrals in the extreem righthand side at over 4 miles with two herds and I had no problems seeing them since early morning while glassing.

And I still like the tripod and head I bought from Amanda, plug.

Kent

Get the Minox from Cameraland if you have 550.00 and don't have a problem with the binos not closing narrow enough for your eyes. Unfortunately I do and so I've written here different times the options I have and the tests I've done.

The bruntons are the best of the 50mm objectives class (Zeiss 15X45, Viper 15X50) not counting the Leica, (I just can't afford them). 300.00 gets you in the serious glassing game. Visually they compare with the Docter big porros and do decent in low light, better than I thought. Weigh a pound less than the big obj, so go on my BP hunts, I really just use them for everything now.

There's no problem with the clarity of the bruntons, just a little whitewash or the colors aren't as startling as my buddies swaros. These guys are or have been guides and don't say a thing about my glass, just ask me to come, I still find the hidden animals better than them, just experience/technique trumps glass.

I looked through the Kaibabs at Sportsman and they are so close to closing for my eyes, they will work. With breaking my leg helping on an elk hunt it'll be a long time before I seriously look to pick those up.

The Bruntons are suprisingly good glass, 300.00, and if that's what you have, or want light weight, get them and get in the game.

The Minox seem good, looking with one eye, but I go more off my Minox 10X HGs and knowing they're really good, so recommend them also. Next up the price list would be Kaibab, then the big 2, Swaro/Leica. We're talking roofs not porros.

Minox 15X58

My humble opinion.

Kent

I agree with you I have the brunton 15x51's and love them, I can also glass for hours and never had any eye strain or crossed eyes , I mean yeah they arent the most expensive glass but they are great quality in the price range and they are super light!

Love my Minox 15's Great binos and Great price from Cameraland.

I own both the Brunton 15x51's and Nikon 12x56's, and side by side the Bruntons are considerably better. They cost less, are much lighter in weight, gather light better, are clearer, are easier on the eyes, and have the extra power. I've accidentally bent the frames on the Nikons many times hunting, whereas have never done this with the Bruntons. Before I had the Brunton's I did get to compare the Minox 15x58's to the Nikon 12x56's, and was not impressed with the Minox's.

Dont they have the Minox at the Outdoorsman? Thats where I got mine about 5 years ago, when my Steiner 25s werent enough glass in the middle of the season and cameraland was a week out from having them in stock.

Dont they have the Minox at the Outdoorsman? Thats where I got mine about 5 years ago, when my Steiner 25s werent enough glass in the middle of the season and cameraland was a week out from having them in stock.

They did have at least 1 pair of the Minox 15x58's at the Outdoorsman because I went there to test them out before I ended up buying them from Doug at Cameraland (better price).

KP

ive also got the 15x51 brunton eternas an love em! I can glass all day an never have had a problem with lighting! Their super light weight an great for the price