CouesWhitetail

Havalon Knives - Check these out!

I've got one of these and they are great when caping. A little fragile for the hard work, but definately do the job. I just thought I would throw this out there. There are at least 2 versions of this knife. I bought the Tracer 22 and there are some blades for this knife you can't get on the regular Piranta, as far as I know. They are the 22XT Carbon Steel, and are absolutely amazing. They are blunted at the tip and hold an edge much longer than the standard 440 stainless blades.

So if you are going to buy one of these knives, look really hard at the Tracer 22- the blades are not quite the same as the regular Piranta, but way better IMO.

I've got one of these and they are great when caping. A little fragile for the hard work, but definately do the job. I just thought I would throw this out there. There are at least 2 versions of this knife. I bought the Tracer 22 and there are some blades for this knife you can't get on the regular Piranta, as far as I know. They are the 22XT Carbon Steel, and are absolutely amazing. They are blunted at the tip and hold an edge much longer than the standard 440 stainless blades.

So if you are going to buy one of these knives, look really hard at the Tracer 22- the blades are not quite the same as the regular Piranta, but way better IMO.

I sell the 22xt blades for the piranta as well. Like you said they are blunt tipped and designed that way so you don't poke a hole in anything. It also is a bit thicker blade so it resists breakage a little more.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/havalon_knives.htm