CouesWhitetail

Havalon Knives - Check these out!

i have an orange one now. Its easy to find when you set it down. been usin em for a few years. great knives. If your snappin blades youll get used to em and that will go away. I did 2 bears with one blade. An elk with 2 blades. 2 coues, a blade each with mine so far this year. Glad too see you have them Amanda

I got one a couple weeks ago and already skinned two cow Elk with it. Aside from one knife that has sentimental value , I already tossed the rest of my knives in my kids stockings !!!

caped two bulls in september with a one I barrowed....awesome knive...picked mine up a couple of week's ago...Thank's Amanda for gett'n me my replacement blades... :D :D :D

Love those sharp edges.

I started using a Z Blade Disposable Caping knife which is a smaller blade in a disposable knife for about 6-8 bucks. Lightweight and It comes in bright colors so you can't lose it very easily. Dressed, and Skinned 2 antelope and mine is still pretty darn sharp. No replacement blades so just toss it when it dulls.

Love those sharp edges!

Skinned a wolf and a bear in Alaska, works great! Love the interchangeable blades.

KRS

Skinned a wolf and a bear in Alaska, works great! Love the interchangeable blades.

KRS

Were you able to do them with one blade or did you change them out while doing the bear?

These are the best knives I've ever owned! I still carry around my skinnin' bag filled with Alaska knives, John Toner knives and an assortment of others, but I only use the Havalon. I've done several entire bull elk with one blade, and only because I didn't have an extra blade with me. I like to change out the blades often because when they get dull you start having to apply too much force to the knife, and that's when bad things happen! One thing, and this is the only drawback, the blades are weak if you aren't running it straight, and you twist the blade and apply much pressure it will snap and sometimes go flying! This is no problem if you are paying attention and not trying to show off! (which i've been guilty of :rolleyes: ) The back of the neck on a ruttin' bull is the worst and best place to use the Havalon, it works great but you have to be very careful not to twist the blade. Coues deer are like butter to a Havalon, they make it amazingly easy, especially when caping the head!