Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Moo-cows in 23

Just came back from 23. I was watching a flock of 23 hen turkey cross the road I notice the void on my passeneger seat where my camera should be, so I have no pics of the stuff I seen <_< . I saw 3 nice coues bucks running together, 4 doe and 2 mullie fawns, 2 cow elk, and about 60 turkey in 4 different flocks. So I get to my trail camera and notice all my salt that I put out is gone...I check the sd card and have just under 300 pics. My heart starts pumping in anticaption of the monster bucks I am about to see... Well I have 3 pics of a crow and about 275 pics of these 3 cows.... :angry: Not sure if there is a rifle hunt for coues in 23 in the next few days; but if you do have a tag, send me a pm and I will tell you where the 3 coues bucks were. ;)

James

post-3620-1259164992_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1259165010_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1259165026_thumb.jpg

I can feel your frustration...it's not really fun getting your SD card loaded up with cow pics. I usually take my cams down if they have moved cows into an area with my cam. If that's not an option, you can lower the sensitivity of the camera trigger and increase the time delay between triggers.

Amanda

I had problems with moomoos in 23 also. Any chance you used any bait? After they ate all mine they didnt come back and I started gettin a lot of turkey and elk in the area picking at the remains.

I had problems with moomoos in 23 also. Any chance you used any bait? After they ate all mine they didnt come back and I started gettin a lot of turkey and elk in the area picking at the remains.

I put out some salt which was gone in 5 days. If you look above the "Panda's" right ear in the 2nd pic, you can see my sent dripper. I made a scrape, dont think it did any good. I moved the cam to a place that can be seen by almost everyone. I know I'm tempting fate, but I had it there for a month before the archery deer in August. I took it down the night before the hunt, someone even hung a tree stand on the same tree as my camera... Here are some pics from August, along with my cam and lock box.

post-3620-1259169607.jpg

post-3620-1259169619_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1259169709_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1259169940_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1259170213.jpg

Definantly some good lookin pics at that spot. I'm praying for you that your cam is always there when you return to it. The lock box will help but it's not a sure thing. I tried the sent dripper and didn't have any luck it might work better come Dec. or Jan. Keep the pics coming.

Good luck