Sign in to follow this  
mason a

3a 3c bull

This hunt turned out to be a little more difficult than i planned on. I think my problem was I just figured, that if i just hunt hard I can find me a trophy. We had glassed up 10-12 bulls over the first couple of days of the hunt , but they were all rag horns and spikes. Those big boys are tough to find in the late hunt in 3a 3c. At this point i'm ready to take the next bull that gave me a good kill shot opportunity.

On Monday I glassed up a couple of rag horns at 1050 yards feeding along a ridge at first light, I wanted to get in for a good shot, but when i made it over to the spot where I had seen them last, they had worked there way in to the thick stuff , off to the right on another ridge I found 2 more bulls feeding , I ranged the one feeding broadside,got into a good prone position and dropped him with a high shoulder shot at 460 yards. not the biggest bull , but it was a fun hunt , and will have lots of good meat. We dropped him off in Heber at millers southwest trailer and his carcass weighed 325lbs .It was great to just be out there seeing all the deer and elk . fun hunt!!

post-1975-1260328837_thumb.jpg

post-1975-1260328856_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the bull. It can be difficult locating the big ones on the late hunt but it still is a blast just huntin and seein elk.