Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Any sheds while hunting this past weekend?

Any of you hunters happen to find any sheds while you were walking the hills? Most of my time Coues hunting is spent on my rear looking through my binocs but when I am walking to a glassing spot or back to camp I'm always on the lookout. On Saturday morning while walking back to camp I found a nice set of 3x3 sheds laying about 5' apart, just the way I like them to be. They've layed there for a few years I'd guess and are around 75". I found a fresh, lion killed fawn in a ditch buried in oak leaves and a road killed 2x2 in velvet. Anyone else?

Josh Epperson

Edited by Josh Epperson

a couple of very small sheds, and a small 2pt lion kill skull. last year on a december hunt in 28 i found 18 sheds in one day. 13 of them were in the same saddle. all were coues. one of these sheds was off a 120+ buck

HOLY CRAP GreyGhost, I've never heard of finding that many sheds in the same place!!!!!!!!!! I would have been in heaven. Take any pics? Send or post some pics of that hog 120"er if you can. SHEESH!

Was out in 6a scouting for the upcoming muzz bull hunt and found a nice 6pt elk shed, a spike elk shed and two 3pt muley sheds. You've got me cranked to go find some Coues sheds.

Josh

PS dang!!!!!!!

WOW thats alot of sheds..

Last year while whitetail hunting my buddy Jed picked up 9 sheds in span of about mmmm 20 minutes. It was like watching an easter egg hunt.

Josh I picked up a rack last year Im going to have to show you.

Falls, your friend's name is Jed? Sounds like a deep south thing to me. You make me nervous. :lol:

Josh and others,

GreyGhost sent in a pic of those 13 sheds he found in one saddle on the same day! You can't really see the shed from the 120 inch buck, but holy cow, what a find. Imagine that, finding all those sheds and one monster shed DURING your DECEMBER hunt!! Did you ever see that buck during your hunt GreyGhost???

Amanda

Never saw that buck alive. the shed is probably 5+ years old. If i get around to it i'll post a couple pics of sheds that will really get you stirring. one is a hog that my dad found that scores 59 6/8 ths the other one came from mexico i think it scores 53 5/8ths but it probably has 10 inches rotted off. THEY ARE BOTH TYPICAL!

well i sent in a couple pics of those big sheds. the one that i said scored

53 5/8 scores 55 2/8 . the other is 59 6/8. both are absolute toads. well, check out these pics when they get posted, and tell me what you think of them.

Hi. I was bored and decided to search up my own name. what I found was someone here with the same name. I just think thats kinda cool. Well thats the only reason i sighned up to this forum. I really didn't expect to find someone else with the name "Josh Epperson". I didn't really think the name Epperson was that common.

HA HA HA HA!! Too funny man. Glad to meet another Josh Epperson. I've searched my name on the net before and there's a couple others too. One is a college football player I think. Nice to meet you and see ya later.

OH THAT'S IT!!! I'm gonna have NMelkhunter dude sicked on you! ....or whatever his handle is.