Sign in to follow this  
gregaz

Digiscoping Question

Finally got all my stuff for digiscoping and went out to try it out. I was taking some pictures of some does on the sunnyside of the hill. The pics have alot of light and appear to be washed out. What do I need to adjust on my camera to adjust this? Or am I just SOL.

Do you have an LCD display on your cam so you can see the image before you take the pic? Sometimes when I am getting the cam lined up on the scope the image will appear washed out but I can just move the cam so it's lined up differently and it will show a normal image then.

Amanda

I find that the colors are often washed out somewhat when digiscoping. If you have Photoshop, you can auto adjust the levels and the pictures look a lot better. If you don't have photoshop then you can download a freeware program called The GIMP which is probably every bit as good as photoshop for image manipulations.

I am not sure if its was the angle or what. I was thinking I might be able to adjust the camera somehow. Thanks for the advice I will try it out.

there are a few things you can try:

adjust white balance

change Fstop/shutter speed according to histogram

shoot in RAW format and adjust photoshop

knowing your camera and seeing the pic might help us help you a little more