Sign in to follow this  
Coach

First Mountain Lion on Trail Camera

Just checked my cameras in the desert and got this pic of one Huge lion...

post-478-1261899268_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of some coues does taken from the same camera at the same distance to get an idea how big this cat is...

post-478-1261899332_thumb.jpg

Just checked my cameras in the desert and got this pic of one Huge lion...

post-478-1261899268_thumb.jpg

no its, there, just very dark, i lightend it up for you

It does look pretty big....hope you get a better pic next time! Were your batteries low and therefore no flash on your cam? The lion doesn't look that far from the cam that the flash shouldn't have lit it up.

Amanda

Yeah, the pic looks a little better on my PC, but not much. I can see the outline pretty well though. This camera is not the best - especially the flash. I've got my Cover II on it now, hopefully there will be some better night pictures.

Not THAT far south. :P I'm fully convinced it's a lion, and a big one. This particular set-up was only 3 weeks old and the number of camera triggers was crazy for that time period. Mostly does (probably 40+ pix of multiple does), but the batteries failed in the cold weather, or the camera - not a good one, and the last 50-some pix were totally blank. I did manage to get 72 good pix that were mostly coues does with a couple cows and some "tough hombre" cowbows and a couple small bucks. I've got a good camera on this spot now so it will be interesting to see what's really going on in there. I've never seen a new setup with this much activity, that's for sure.