BowNut

5th Annual Cactus Classic

Dallas, Why did we decide to score 11's this year over 12's. I talked to Stoney last weekend and he said we were sticking with 12's this year?????

Scott Darnell

Well Scott I guess we/Usery had some cards done up for next year with 11's on them just in case we did run out cards for a couple classes this year. We did them with 11's and figured we would just change a few 11's to 12's if needed. I was told they found out we had them printed and the rest of the clubs were good with the change this year now so they ran with it.

So if there are any clubs out there that need a couple cases of score cards with 12's we have a couple. :rolleyes:

Having the 5 grs. per pound rule change, does not make things equal. Guys with a shorter draw length, really suffer. The class seperation is what makes equal representation of an indavidual. For example, in MBO and MBR 2 out of the top 3, had some type of organization that recognized that individual, as a pro!!! So if we are using IBO rules i think the below rule should be of more interest at these so called meetings, and the scorecard issue should take a back seat!!

IBO states "It is the intent and goal of the IBO to encourage participation in archery by providing a fair and equitable competition for every competitor at every IBO-sanctioned event.

4. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Any action considered unsportsmanlike by the host club or the IBO will be grounds for disqualification and/or suspension from membership. Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to, the following:

c. Registering to compete as an amateur when the archer is a Pro or Semi-Pro in another 3-D shooting organization; or registering to compete as a Semi-Pro when the archer is a Pro in another 3-D shooting organization

I think you have a good piont..... Dallas what kind of feedback have you had on the subject of combining the amature and "Pro Classes"???????

I think you have a good piont..... Dallas what kind of feedback have you had on the subject of combining the amature and "Pro Classes"???????

As far as I know our club has had no feedback "YET" from anyone about the combining of the classes.

I'm just doing my best to be the messenger here guys. As I said in another post everyone who has questions or concerns needs to contact the ABA or go to there meeting to voice your opinions. The clubs hosting the shoot are doing just that hosting the shoot. Rules are set by the ABA we just go by there rules. Also remember this is NOT an IBO sanctioned event. I hope some day we have the shooters it would take to use all the IBO classes that would be great but we just do not have the numbers in most of the classes. And Scott you think I want to shoot against you and Drew and the other guys???? ;) I have enough trouble with your kid. :lol:

From what I got from Stoney at our meeting they want to do everything they can to make the Triple Crown better then ever so contact them tell them what you think, give them your opinion. They do not know about it if you do not tell them.

Stoney Amerine

amerines7@aol.com

Thanks Guys

Dallas

I would love to have more shooters move up into our class.. Like you or Byan , I know you of both can compete, but like I told Stoney I don't know if combining the two classes would be the answer.. I think it might be a big step backwards causing some frustration with some of the amature shooters. I think the top two shooters from that year should be required to move up a class the following year and the last 2 in the upper class given the option to go down a class the next year..

You and I both know how competative some people are and I think by allowing a means for people to advance through the ranks gives them a since of competativness..

AZSD1

All I hope is that the targets are spread out more and the shots are all safe!

As far as I know we had only one issue and it was resolved the best it could for that day as soon as it was noticed. And resolved totally to start the second day. First and foremost we do everything we can to make every shot a safe one. But sometimes issues arise when you get the 250 shooters out on the courses. Thanks for the input we will do our best. We will be setting targets Friday AM before the shoot feel free to come up lend a hand.

Don't forget we have the Warm-up shoot this Sunday at Usery.