Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Missed a Monster in Mexico!

Great pictures and a good story about your hunt but I want to read a great story the next time for sure how you bagged that monster and showed up all them guys. Go get em Amanda and shoot straight.

I'll be pulling for ya. :)

TJ

What a SAAAAAAAAWWWEET hunt!!! :) , thanks for the awesome report back. The Grey Ghost that haunts... we all understand. I like the fence and turkey pictures best, you bagged some priceless memories no doubt, the meals sound like heaven too..

Wow! Sorry to hear about the miss but hey, what an experience!! You will get your giant buck, just a matter of time ;)

As for those white trees, down in Obregon they had a few, not near as many as are around where you hunted, but down there they called them "Palo Santo" trees. They swore the flowers from that tree were the Coues' favorite and that the coues would intentionally rake their antlers on those trees to knock off the flowers! LOL! Most of those trees are too big to shake, but I did watch a coues buck eating what flowers were already on the ground. Last week near Magdalena I was corrected and informed they are called "Palo Blanco" just as you stated.

They swore the flowers from that tree were the Coues' favorite and that the coues would intentionally rake their antlers on those trees to knock off the flowers! LOL! Most of those trees are too big to shake, but I did watch a coues buck eating what flowers were already on the ground. Last week near Magdalena I was corrected and informed they are called "Palo Blanco" just as you stated.

Yep. Palo Blanco. And they do eat the snot out of the flowers.

They swore the flowers from that tree were the Coues' favorite and that the coues would intentionally rake their antlers on those trees to knock off the flowers! LOL! Most of those trees are too big to shake, but I did watch a coues buck eating what flowers were already on the ground. Last week near Magdalena I was corrected and informed they are called "Palo Blanco" just as you stated.

Yep. Palo Blanco. And they do eat the snot out of the flowers.

That is cool to know!!

Guess I should have tried one!! :)

Amanda

SunDevil PMd me this, I thought it was great so I am reposting here. LOL!!!

Amanda - this is my equipment - you can plug in your own.

remington 700 rifle - $800

box of bullets - $40

range finder - $300

spotting scope - $900

binoculars - $1,200

tripod - $150

self guided WT tag in MX - $2,000

rifle scope with target turrets - PRICELESS

:lol: