Sign in to follow this  
jakehaffey

Home hunting videos?

I was just wondering if there is anyone that has videoed their own hunts or others? The WHALE and I tried it this javelina season and it was a blast watching his drop on the TV. We didnt get great footage though, tough to keep calm and film when there are pigs running everywhere. Next year we plan on getting the stalk the kill the tracking and the after story. Just wanted if anyone does this and maybe has some pointers or some cool video they could share?

tips:

if you can, have a buddy do all the video, seriously its not easy to do it right. I dont think ive ever done it right or as good as i wanted it to be, it is a lot of extra work.

be commited, if you just have a video camera in your pack and think eh if i can, ill get video, you never will.

haul atleast 2 tripods. i always have 2 and this year i was still one short to get video of a 109 buck we shot at 330 yds.

BE COMITTED AGAIN: for me to get good video I have to have my mind made up im gonna get video instead of wanting to score him through the spotter or spot the shot.

practice on small stuff, rabbits, jacks, prarie dogs so you can see when u pan or zoom to fast or see how much you swear or see that you zoom in too much

Good luck! share what you get!

Youngbuck is right!! We had a friend of ours video tape my javelina hunt this past November...I am sending a DVD to Amanda, to see if she wants to post it. But I said a few bad words :( :( so it may not make it...It will be totally up to Amanda what she does.

Young Buck, you are right for sure. Since I was 10 we had a video camera in our pack and said that we would get the shot, etc on video. We never did, we always video taped walking up to the kill and so on but we never even remembered most of the time that we had the video camera at the time of the shot. Just this last Oct. we got the spike I shot on video.After 13 years of hauling the camera around but never using it. We set it up on the tripod, and we captured it! It is not very professional looking but you can see the vapor trail and the hit. We were pretty excited. We plan in the future to have someone on the hunts that their only job is maning the camera and the tripod.