im confused.....yes it was a short trip....lol.....i know the .270 will do it,but the .17hmr is just so much lighter to carry around...i just need to find time and call tomorrow.... thanx again everyone..

I think it would be a big mistake to use a 17hmr. Why would you want to? I had 2 that I would use for praire dogs but that's it. I would never even use them on 'yotes. Your goal should be to put the pig down quickly, the 17 will NOT do it.

the .17 HMR is "NOT" legal to take javelinas. one more time, the .17 HMR is not legal for javelinas. .17 centerfires are legal. get learned up on the regs before you get yourself in trouble dudes. but as far as being able to kill a pig with one, well yeah. i've killed a bunch with a bow. any rifle is better than a bow. at least with an animal assassin like me anyway. Lark.

ok ok ok...i called azgfd today and the .17hmr would be legal if it were a center fire BUT its NOT....and i agree with azbowhunter, it should be over as quickly as possible for the animal...so its gonna be the 270 for sure.. guess i just got excited, ive wanted one for awhile finnaly got one and wanted to use it.... <_< <_<

here is a cool site with alot of info on the .17 hmr

varmintal.com/ashot.htm

James