Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Enjoyed some little waterfalls while checking the trail cam

Well, the creek that I have some trail cameras on normally is mostly dry except for a few spots that retain at least a small pool of water year round. After the recent snow and rain, I had to wait a couple weeks before I could get in there to check the cam due to several feet of snow in the area. Once we were able to get in there, we saw that much of the creek had lost about 3-4 feet of soil due to major water flowing down it. Amazing changes in the creek, it was almost unrecognizable in some spots!!

By the time we hiked it the water was running calmly the entire length of the creek and so we enjoyed some little waterfalls which are normally just dry, short cliffs in the creek. The water made some interesting "loch ness monster" type formations that I thought were really neat looking. I took some video and set it to music.

It was truly a beautiful sight to see water running where I have spent so many hours hiking in a dry creek.....

I only had my point and shoot cam, so it's not exactly GL2 video quality, but still nice.

Enjoy!

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/..._Bear_Creek.wmv

Amanda

nice, with music to! that will prolly be the norm this spring. we still have a ton of snow up north.

Them are some good pictures and boy do we need all the water we can get right now because you know before we know it will be dry as he!!. Nice job of putting that together Amanda. :)

Some of those spots look very fimilar. Thanks for sharing that creek is sure pleasant.