Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

easy scoutin, tough huntin! 2010 rifle pig

well once i finally convinced brittnay to get one of them left over tags we started scoutin. i had never hunted this unit but as the pictures show we had no problems finding the pigs beofre the hunt. that all changed once the hunt started, we struggled bad. we hunted for three days and never saw a pig, until the last couple hours of our last day. we hiked in the rain and covered many miles while turning no pigs up. as we were coming to and end to tje hunt we crossed a creek, i stopped and by chance spotted what looked to be an old pig track. so i parked and walked up the creek about twenty yards and indeed they were old pig tracks, but that previous day had been raining so they could only be so old. i decided that we could just walk the creek in hopes of kicking something up. as we started the hike the wind shifted so we climbed to the top in case of them being in front of us, and what a good move. once on top we spotted the herd of about twenty pigs. we put about a twenty minute stalk on them and had one cross over to our side of the canyon to where she was able to get a fifteen yard shot and out her first pig down. tons of fun and very rewarding after all the work we had put in to this hunt to get her first animal under her belt. enjoy

first scouting day

mailey045.jpg

mailey027.jpg

preparing for her hunt

mailey053.jpg

mailey054.jpg

having some fun

misccc018.jpg

second trip scouting

miscc015.jpg

the final day

britpig10001.jpg

britpig10011.jpg

Congrats to the wife and you. 15 yd. shot? Doesn't get much better than that! Was that a .22 mag? Oh, and great pictures!

Congrats to you and the wife on her first animal especially on the last day of the hunt, your hard work paid off.

Might want to fix the date on your camera it says 2/22/10, that would be tomorrow! Dont need someone knocking on your door to check you! :lol: :lol:

no kidding onm the date, after reading that post and tellin my father about it yesterday here i go posting on here and finally noticed that my date is wrong to. oops easy mistake, thx