Sign in to follow this  
coues4u

MATHEWS Z7

I own one and l couldnt be more happier..the z7 is very smooth drawing and is extremely accurate and forgiving. I didnt like the factory wood handle even though they came out with there slim version..mathews now sells a focus grip which is more of a no torque handle. Call dave @ ross outdoors if your interested in trying one out..he will set one up for you to shoot.

I shot one the other day and I wanted to buy one afterword so bad. It was the smoothest, fastest, most accurate and most quiet bow I have ever shot. It was quite a bit nicer than my drenalin. They have gone above and beyond with this bow. Every time they come out with a new bow I think there is no way they can make a better bow than this one I have been saying that for the last 6 bows Matthews has come out with. I will say it again though they are going to have a hard time topping this one. Just my $0.02.

I think you should go in and shoot one... I wouldnt buy one on other peoples opinions tho im positive you will love it. I havent shot one yet but like was said mathews makes an unbelievalbe bow. I shoot the Monster and i love it.

I picked mine up on Wed. from Dave at Ross outdoors. I had it sighted in within an hour. I bought the Reezen last year but the Z7 is a great bow.

Dennis

I've had one since Ms. Santa got me one for X-Mas. I've shot Bowtech forever. The guys at Archery Headquarters got me set up and initally tuned. I put a QAD HD rest on it and the Axcel Armortech 7 pin sight on it. Had it sighted in out to 50 yards in about an hour. Very smooth draw at 70 lbs, great wall and almost no vibration or noise. Can't shoot groups, cuz it's so accurate that you start tearing up fletchings. Gets alittle expensive. Very forgiving and fast. About 308 fps with 480 grains of arrow and head.But like someone else said, don't just go off someone elses opinion, GO SHOOT IT. You'll never want to put it down. IMO!

I shot one in December and liked it. It was a pretty consistant pull back. The only thing I don't care for is the ATA is pretty short and "they" say that it is much harder to be precise at longer distances. I am not a good enough shooter or spend enough time trying to know how true that is. Also for what its worth, I know of a few guys though that shot it and went with the Monster 7 instead saying it was a better draw and better holding bow. The nice thing is that there are several really nice bows out there to pick from!

I've had one since Ms. Santa got me one for X-Mas. I've shot Bowtech forever. The guys at Archery Headquarters got me set up and initally tuned. I put a QAD HD rest on it and the Axcel Armortech 7 pin sight on it. Had it sighted in out to 50 yards in about an hour. Very smooth draw at 70 lbs, great wall and almost no vibration or noise. Can't shoot groups, cuz it's so accurate that you start tearing up fletchings. Gets alittle expensive. Very forgiving and fast. About 308 fps with 480 grains of arrow and head.But like someone else said, don't just go off someone elses opinion, GO SHOOT IT. You'll never want to put it down. IMO!

I think you've got your numbers mixed up. There's no way that bow shoots 308 with a 480 grain arrow. That's 101 kinetic foot pounds.

I think you've got your numbers mixed up. There's no way that bow shoots 308 with a 480 grain arrow. That's 101 kinetic foot pounds.

+1. ibo is like 330. It's a nice bow, but it ain't magic ;)

Sorry fo the typo......it's around 380 grains of arrow and broadhead. Once I read your reply putting me in my place, we weighed the arrows and head at the shop and it was around that 380-382 mark. I know we chrono'd it and it hit 308 fps. So let me know if I'm close with the numbers now. I'd feel a little better! Still a great bow!

Sorry fo the typo......it's around 380 grains of arrow and broadhead. Once I read your reply putting me in my place, we weighed the arrows and head at the shop and it was around that 380-382 mark. I know we chrono'd it and it hit 308 fps. So let me know if I'm close with the numbers now. I'd feel a little better! Still a great bow!

That sounds more like it ;). And they are a great bow. Plus, after hunting season, you can make waffles with it! :lol:

I just recently went out and shot the z7 but went with the monster 7 instead the z7 is a smoother draw in my opinion

but the monster 7 is about 15 fps faster and thats what i was looking for but like everyone else said YOU really need

to go out and shoot them yourself and choose the one YOU like the best.

I went to the shop and shot a handful of bows.... I had my sights set on a monster.... but after holding and shooting them all I narrowed it down to the bowtech destroyer and the Z7.

The Z7 was just hands down the smoothest bow Iv've ever shot, and it just points right where you want it.

I couldn't be happier with this bow!