Sign in to follow this  
cmc

help locate photos of bear rugs to pick felt colors.

Folks - I'm posting this hear as well AZSJ as I need to pick the colors of felt for a bear rug (jet black bear) and need some help finding photos of bear rugs on the net or ones you have on the wall to help choose a good color combo. I'm short on time to do the search myself so I thought I'd ask the board for some help.

If you have photos or done the research for trying to pick felt colors and know of some sites with pictures please post or let me know.

Much appreciated by my wife since she's having a hard time picturing what it would look like with different felt colors as a complete bear rug.

Cheers,

cmc

Chris,

A friend has a black and bright red felt trim around his black bear from Canada. Looks obnoxiously loud and he has folded the red trim back.

My rug has black inner felt and brown outer felt. The bear is very dark brown with a brown back.

An all black bear may look good with black and dark grey felt.

Doug

post-6-1269370386_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my grey and black felt that I used. I also thought long and hard before choicing this arrangement. Be sure in let us see the finish product when you get it done. Congratulations on your bear.

post-1903-1269372088_thumb.jpg

post-1903-1269372108_thumb.jpg

TJ