Sign in to follow this  

Howdy,

I drew an Oryx tag in Rhodes Canyon. I was wondering if others have hit this tag and are willing to share their thoughts.

My hunt dates are late Auguet.

Thanks....Happy Hunting!

Didn't get it this year, but have hunted Rhodes canyon many times with friends and family. Usually you go to the little briefing the first morning, then you go out (try to be one of the first trucks out is what we do) and find one and shoot one. The problem will not be finding them, it will be finding the one you want. You should have no problem getting one.

Derek

There are plenty of oryx on Rhodes canyon, so you should have a good hunt. They have been hunted pretty hard in the past few years, so you actually do have to plan a stalk and sneak in on them. Don't worry about being the first out of the parking lot, it doesn't matter. It used to be pretty comical to see a bunch of fat old boys running to their trucks and peeling out of the parking lot to try and be first. I was there in January and the hunt coordinator said that if this continues to happen they may only let small groups of hunters leave every few minutes so it is not a safety concern for somebody getting run over. You can now bring a camera to take pictures of your oryx, this was an awesome change made late last year.

Good luck. Here is mine that I killed on Rhodes canyon with a muzzleloader in January. 39 2/8" cow, pending new #2 in SCI w/ a muzzleloader.

post-213-1270909155_thumb.jpg

post-213-1270909164_thumb.jpg

Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Hunter4life,

Nice animal. It's a beaut! Do these things live in the flats like antelope, or are they hill dwellers. Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers!

What a beautifull animal. How hard is it to get drawn? Congratulations and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ