Dan H

Coues Whitetail Background Location

I also think it looks like deer creek in unit 32. I thought that the first time I saw the background a couple of years ago. Although, there are hundreds of spots in units 22&23 that look just like that. No matter where it is, I want a blown up version to put up as wall paper in my office!

It's Horse Mtn from the Galiuros in unit 32. I had a tag there a couple years ago and did a backpack hunt in there with my husband. We had a great old juniper we camped under.

It was late morning and I had decided to come down and glass a thick canyon that you can't see (it would be in front of the photo). It was a place I knew deer bedded. Anyway, before I got to work doing that, I turned around and saw the mountain looking nice. I took the photo just for the website, although I think at the time I hadn't launched the website, I was just creating it.

Amanda

JVS, I can email you the best version of that photo in case you can actually turn it into wallpaper. It probably wouldn't have good resolution that large though.

Amanda,

So... What do I win?

Mike

You will have to talk to the guy who started the contest to see what you won :lol:

Or maybe I should say you won the chance to help design a tshirt with your great artistic talent!! :)

Amanda

Mike,

Looks like you can Add that one to your resume. :lol:

In that case we all will be winners! :)

I had that figured out long ago... if you download the image the name is on the file:)

I would be happy to work on some t-shirt designs.

I'm just really busy for the next couple of weeks (mostly a N.M. mule deer hunt and a portrait that I've been lollygagging on).

But really, I would like to - and will.

Mike

Rembrandt, Oh yea you also knew the range from looking at the picture. Even by mtn range name. Nice work.

I owe you an atta boy.

I am going to order a personalized license plate holder here real soon.

When I do,....I will order 2.

Tell me what you want yours to say.

I can tell you from experience many a cold mornings in the dark blazing over that ridge and up deer creek trail.

Thats how I recognized it looking back from the truck after the long treks.

Nice chattin

I have to get back to building my desert tortoise den in my back yard.

Were going to adopt one from AZGFD.

Dan

Dan

adopt a tortoise? I had no idea they let you do that!

I have a neighbor who has 2 jumbo turtles that came from the adobe mtn rescue I think. I think they are african turtles. Sort of a funky looking protruding square pattern on the shells. One is about as big as a LARGE ottomon!

Neat that you can adopt one!

Later

Yea hopefully they approve my setup, we built a huge mound and den in the corner of our yard today, and put up a 25' picket fence with 1/4 inch wire 16" under ground to obtain approval. The den looks really cool.

I'm sending in the pictures and application tommorrow.

I'll post a picture of turtle masrahall and the turtle when I get one if it happens.

Thanks,

Dan