Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Experience 4 All

Support our Local Business!!

With all the talk about boycotting our state and some not wanting to do business with Arizona because of SB1070, I would like to remind you that we have a bunch of great businesses here in our own state we need to help support. These businesses employ our friends and family members and they pay taxes here in AZ.

If local businesses can’t rely on local buyers then the boycott that so many other states have endorsed will have an impact.

Please help support your local gun stores like Bear Mountain, Outdoorsmans and Don’s Sport Shop along with archery shops like Archery Headquarter and Corner Archery. They have always been here for the hunters. These are the businesses which support our conservation organizations along with other non-profits like the Outdoor Experience 4 All.

I really believe that if we spend our money out of state we will hurt the Arizona Hunting and Fishing businesses. Plus these people are professional and not order takers. Have any of you ever dealt with Howie Owens at Bear Mountain? In my book he is full of knowledge and knows what he is talking about when it comes to firearms and optics. I have shopped at the Outdoorsmans for optics and those guys there are the real deal.

Spend your hard earned money here in our state and don’t send it out of state.

“The law is already facing court challenges, but if it goes into effect in July as planned, New York City could also consider a boycott. City Controller John Liu today called for a boycott of Arizona-made products if it goes into effect, the New York Daily News reports. In the meantime, the city council is considering a resolution formally condemning the Arizona law.” ---CBS News reports

I have been teaching Hunter Ed for over 10 years. I always tout local business in my classes, sharing names of local businesses for various endeavors that treat people right. And I give the businesses an opportunity also, for example for the last class Steve at the Outdoorsman gave me a handful of mags, so I made sure each family received one along with a business card. I try to hit up my favorite shops and grab a handful of cards to pass out at a minimum. I suggest local business, they deserve it as they have been around longer than the big stores that have gone up recently - altho I still shop at the big stores too.

Great post Eddy! I highly recommend you all try and support those businesses that support your passion for hunting.

For outdoor gear, we have a number of great sponsors who not only support this site, but also support AZ's wildlife conservation groups.

Outdoorsmans

Bear Mountain

Archery Headquarters

Payson Outfitters

Chasin a Dream Outfitters

Cameraland

A-1 Mattress

McMillan

Lazzeroni

Wildlife Callers

oh I definately support our local businesses at least once a week! lol lets not forget Broken Arrow Archery and Robert over there in Apache Junction I end up spending money in there every time I visit the shop!

In times like these it is critical to support your local shops and local conservation groups.

While i am here, don't forget the ADA banquet on June 5th. You can still get tickets. There is not another organization out there doing more for deer and deer hunters than the ADA.