Sign in to follow this  
wackycouesaddict

anyone hunt 6a

I have a cabin in 6a north and will be spending pretty much the whole summer up there. I was wondering if anyone one who did had an old trail they would trade for scouting info i spend most of my day out loooking and last year had some nice bucks and two monster bulls pinned all summer. So simpily scouting info for old trail camera?

if interested pm me or give me a call 4803920594

Tyler

yea its nice but just in general if you hunt that area check south of 260 some pretty nice ones iin there but still not the greatest. i was just talking to my grandpa about the one bull i found in 6a north and we think hes a solid 380. We dont think he was takin last season since where he was i have never seen so much as tracks of another person in the area.

I have a cabin in 6a north too, and have only 3 trail cams out up there with some pretty big bulls on em, and some dinky ones....Do you have any pics of the bull your talkin about???? And ill be up there the whole summer as well...

If I had an old trail cam, I'm sure your experience and advice in that awesome area would be worth it! But alas . . .

I did want to share this skull I found in that area, and wanted to get opinions on whether this guy froze, got eaten or got old. I was on a scouting activity camping on top of the Rim and got up early for a walk and came across this guy. I found him in April, and he had probably been down since January or so. There must have been 3 or 4 feet of snow for extended periods of time in January and I cant picture whitetail hanging out all winter in that. Is the cold what killed him? Would whitetail move down elevations in winter if there was too much snow? Just some ?'s I've had.

post-3502-1277452802_thumb.jpg

was the neck broken and twisted?

james

was the neck broken and twisted?

james

The remains were scattered enough (10' radius) that it was impossible to tell. There were no vertebrae attached to the skull. If coyotes did the scattering, is it safe to say it wasnt a Cat?

We have yet to find him :( Witch is sad because hes usually in the area by now. But we are going up again after sunrise shoot so ill go out agian. Where is your cabin at? Ours is at morman lake.

Tyler

My place is in munds park... i was soupposed to go to sunrise shoot to, but i will have to go to bowhunter happening instead...