muledeerarea33?

Who Shot At ME????

Way to fess up 25-06. My point is what would the plate do for the game and fish. I think we have all been pepper shot a time or two. The water hole is open to deer and dove as well as those hunting there game of choice. It is hard to hear some people yelling after shooting a few shots from a 12 gauge.

I have had othe r deer hunters park right next to me and fallow me up a ridge line as well. I know your pain of having the deer coming and someone run them off. That is why it is called hunting right.

Lets all play nice together and remember the land belongs to all of us so we need to keep a safe eye out for each other.

Not to start a fight or anything but it is illegal to have a side arm if you are archery hunting deer. I'm assuming you didn't have your bow w/ you Muledeerarea33 and you were just hoping the deer would come closer for a better look?

yeah, I was wonderin' that myself treestandman. I know game and fish won't bust ya down by the border having a gun with you when bowhunting but get north of the Santa Rita's and watch out. I've peppered and been peppered by hunter's and friends alike so it's par for the coarse. One time my brother and myself were walking a side ridge deer hunting when 5 guys opened up below us. Man, bullets were poppin' past us like popcorn. We ducked and started yelling like a couple of mad men telling em to stop. Finally,they figured it out and stopped shooting. Talk about a underwear check.We figured they saw movement and just started shooting because no deer came out ahead of us. You just have to get there attention.at times it's hard to hear outdoors because your so concentrated on doing what your doing that you don't realize other people are around you. I'm sure Terry's friend didn't hear or see you so it's best just to let it go as a lesson learned for both of ya.

#1 just me talking here, but I personally would never park right next to a guy and get out and start blasting. Especially when you know the seasons are overlapping. When somebody beats me to a spot I just go somewhere else. Thats good for both parties.

#2 I've never understood the no firearm during archery season thing. If we have the "right to bear arms" how can it be illegal? I know the obvious, but it still doesn't make sense. I can't shoot a pistol for crap, there's no way I'd attempt to shoot anything outside of 5 yards with a pistol. There's no way I'd try to cap a deer or elk that was out of bowrange.

#3 Arizona is starting to sound pretty spooky. Illegals and drug runners galore, dudes blasting away uphill without knowing whats around. dang.

I was not saying either one was right or wrong. If i was peppered I would get mad as well. And then again if some guy was hunting deer at the water hole I was hunting dove at would bother me as well. :ph34r: :blink:

If you ever run into me while in the desert or woods any time of the year you can just guess that there is a hand gun on my body someplace. B)

To each his own. If you do not shoot a deer with your side arm while archery hunting I would never say a word to you, But then again I am not the law. I have come across a few meth labs in and around the valley while gold prospecting and coyote hunting and I am always glad to know I have some way to prolong my situation just a bit while I get the heck out of there.

When you have had some one try to take your life with a hand gun you will most likley pack one for ever after that. :D Just a sad fact of life.

And yes please if you see my truck out in the field I would rather you not park next to me. But if you do you do.

Guest Ernesto C

First come,First served...It's a ethical issue

Waterholes on public and state lands belong to every one and evry one should enjoy free and equal access.

Responsible hunters should respect other hunters privileges.They should leave the area if another hunters gets to a waterhole first. Remember,firts come first served.

I will like to know a game warden that knows that you are archery hunting and knows or see that you have a gun and let you go with out a citation.

Quote from Az Guide "if you ever run in to me while in the desert or woods"..... Holy cow man....I will run for my life and think that the story of Big Foot or Sasquash is true!!! :ph34r:

Thank You and God bless.

Never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot

You know that is the truth Ernesto. Glad to see you around some. I hope some day to meet you in person. I bet we could have some good chuckles making jokes. :ph34r:

It is unfortunate about getting peppered, but it does happen. I have done it on a rare occasion and received it way more often.

Admitting an offense is a good thing too. One of the first rules of hunting safety is to clearly identfy your target and be sure of your bullet path BEFORE pulling the trigger. With birds flying at 40mph that is not always possible. Simply knowing someone else is in the area should make you think twice about each shot. More than 1 shot toward another hunter is cause for concern and re-evaluation of your hunting safety.

I recall a thread a while ago that said many of us take friends hunting birds before big game. I guess this emphasizes why! I definitley would not want Terry's friend near my camp with a Gun.

Safe Hunting!

Hey look, for those of you that think I just pulled up next to someone and(started shootin) thats not what went on....I took my buddy with me to go check my trail cam this a.m., and told him I didn't want him to shoot any dove while we were in this area and that on our way back home I would stop at a good spot for dove....So we stopped on our way home and he got his limit in about 20 min. :ph34r: :blink: I did park next to another truck, but I just thought they were just huntin dove too....There were shotguns goin off in every direction and my buddy (the only one huntin dove) never once shot in any direction but up...........And not up hill either........I would have never thought anybody would be huntin deer in a area with so much trafic and so close to the main Reddington road as this was. Boy was I ever wrong...Terry

It is unfortunate about getting peppered, but it does happen. I have done it on a rare occasion and received it way more often.

Once again My friend did NOT SHOOT in a unsafe direction........I am done with this thread....You cant beat a dead horse.

Safe Hunting!

Az4life, I would never let anybody out in the hills with me or at camp that I did not trust 100% with there huntin ethics....Come on dude... :ph34r: