Sign in to follow this  
DubTee

George Chapman

The archery world lost a good one last week, long time Tucson resident and PSE employee George Chapman passed away. George was PSE's first employee and worked for them until he retired a few years ago. Many of the modern bow set-up and shooting techniques can be directly attributed to George, he was truly a master at tuning a bow. George loved to teach, and his main duty in the later years at PSE was to conduct their dealer schools, he also coached many world champion archers. I had the pleasure of meeting George in 2001 through a mutual friend, for no apparent reason other than my love for archery, he took me under his wing, always got me the latest equipment from PSE, and taught me the proper mechanics of shooting and what is important in proper bow set up. The people he knew in the archery business was incredible (basically everyone), his stories where even more incredible, and he was not afraid to razz you a bit. I have often heard of him referred to as the John Wooden of archery. His lovely wife Patti Chapman passed away in 2008, and it was really hard on him. Although George's passion for life was obvious, his love for Patti was unparalleled and I can't help but think he was anxious to be reunited with her. Thanks for reading this, I thought that any fellow archers would like to know a little more about a person who contributed so much to a sport many of us love, remember that the next time you pull your bow back and settle in. Please keep the Chapman family in your prayers, there is a memorial service on Saturday, June 19th at the Casas Baptist Church in Oro Valley.

Thanks for sharing. Thoughts and prayers to family & friends. May Patti and George rest in peace.

TJ