Sign in to follow this  
second shot

attempted poaching?

I went out to scout on Monday in the Reddington pass area. I found a good spot and watched three bucks, one nice one, and five does feeding below me and across the canyon. After about an hour of watching I decided to stalk the big buck and was able to get within about 75 yards before he decided to leave. Well, I started to head off in another direction up a hill when a little spike popped over the hill in front of me. He was only a stones throw away and I could see an entry/exit wound over his left shoulder and he was bleeding pretty good. He was still able to walk but I could tell he was having a hard time. I went in the direction the deer came from to see if anyone was archery hunting but there was no one. All there was was a group of dove hunters. This deer was freshly shot. I talked to one of dove hunters and he said his group were the only people in the area. I called G&F to report the deer, I just wish I'd seen who shot it. It's unfortunate that someone would do something like this.

This is why we need shirts. Other wise we don't know we are talking to other members. :lol:

There have been a few cases reported along the Mt. Ord area too. I guess a couple small bucks have been found near water with .22's in them. Also a few small camps that show up Sunday afternoon. :unsure:

Glad to hear I didn't scare all the birds away when I came charging over the hill. I'm taking a friend up Sunday so he can try and fling an arrow at a buck. Not going to the same spot but hopefully I'll see as many deer as I did on Labor Day.