Sign in to follow this  
rtkemp

Coues Gender Identification

the thing i was talkin' about is between their hind legs. Lark.

Could see that coming miles and miles away :lol: :lol:

Big tracks big bucks, little tracks little buck.

We just retrieved pics from a trail cam, we thought we had a slew of doe in there, but when we zoomed in could see the pedicles and little bumps of new growth.

Sorry, can't help you much on the legs and feet notion of telling a buck from a doe but I am sure somebody out there has some legitimate help for ya,

Good luck.

I can't resisit........my wifes legs are nice and smooth.....my legs have this coarse hair all over them. :(

hahaha good one! :lol: :P :lol:

Given the country most coues live in, I can't remember ever seeing enough of a trail to decide if the rear tracks are inside or outside the front. I basically go by size. When you see a big one, it will grab your attention and get you all excited because it will definitely belong to a buck worth shooting all your shells at.

I always noticed does leave more of a V pattern in their track and bucks the front does not come to a point but has a gap between the front point of the print

I love tracking...its interesting and fun. While most folks agree on the prints themselves and can easily determine MD vs coues. I usually don't ever determine sex of the deer by tracks alone. I determine the gender by the behavior of the tracks. In January for instance I'll follow tracks if its a large print, heavy or left a deep impression. I'll also follow along and also look if its-

1.single 2. spore (droppings, urine smell, rubs etc.)3. Travel behavior, most bucks in Jan. usually travel way differently than a doe or a group does. Most bucks tend to travel from point A to B searching for does.

There are many clues left behind by any animal if you know what to look for.Then with all the info. gathered I'll determine the if this animal is worth hunting.