Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Octane Trip Wire Rest

I am thinking about going back to a fall away rest and was checking out the trip wire fall away rest made by Octane. Has anybody had any experience with this rest? I have read some good reviews about it. Or should I try another fall away that is better? Any feed back is appreciated.

I have used the ripcord for 4 years now..it has been awesome until last weekend when the rest seized up and would not drop away. Thank god it happened at an archery shoot and not during a hunt!!! I ended up putting on the newer version "code red" which is supposed to be way better with quite a few improvements. I did call ripcord and they said to send it back and they would either fix mine or send a brand new one..now i will have backup!! That is great customer service IMO!!! Hope this helps :D

I am also a fan of the vapor trail limb driver rest. I have not had any problems with it and I would guess I have shot is a couple thousand times. I did switch out the plastic coating on the rest with mole skin, which made it go from quiet to silent on the draw.

+1 on the ripcord. I have had mine for 6 years and still running strong. I am liking the new code red and might upgrade...