Good morning all. I'm new to this discussion board but I've been reading the posts and other information for months. Alot of good information here. I have a question that I hope someone could help me with. My two 15 year old boys and I have been drawn for hunt 1020 in 13A. I've never been there and I may only have enough time to make two scouting trips. Can anyone give me any advise on this unit that would help the boys and I have a successful hunt?

It will really depend on what your expectations are. I would call around. Call the game manager for the unit. Call Ryan Hatch at MuleyCrazy. Post this on Monster Muleys website. If you just want regular sized bucks, then a DIY hunt with a couple scouting trips is o.k. If you want some monsters, maybe paying for a map service which would get you quickly into some areas that are known to hold good bucks. I know it is alot of money for guides so maybe the map option is a thought.....................Allen...............

I would call Hatch. He can at least get you in the right area and give you some good contacts to call. It's a huge area and not all of it holds deer. If you are not in a good area, you could go days without even seeing a deer.

I would start buying gas cans and spare tires too. It's a long way to the gas station.

I would call Hatch. He can at least get you in the right area and give you some good contacts to call. It's a huge area and not all of it holds deer. If you are not in a good area, you could go days without even seeing a deer.

I would start buying gas cans and spare tires too. It's a long way to the gas station.

+1 for sure on the Spare Tires and Gas Cans, and you can add Tire Repair and Water Cans to that list too. Depending where you go in that unit it can be 2 hours (or close) on dirt until you get to a highway. Make sure everything is tied down well too ... never seen so much washboarding in all my life.