Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Tempe Town Lake

What happened to the Tempe town Lake? It was dried up when I drove by it today. I heard the dam popped or something like that. I also heard they had an aligator in there feeding him the fish that were just dying with no water.

The rubber dam dried out and broke, what a surprise. I went down there and watched it flood out, pretty cool I heard it was running 15k cfs.

I live about a mile away and could smell the rotting fish at my house the other night. The aligator thing was a show the az herpitological society put on bringing one of their gators down to show the crowd.

They are worried about mesquito population explotion and have started spraying poison, they said they were also worried about all of the waterfowl coming to the lake right in the flight path of sky harbor.

They say they'll be ready for the Ironman Triathlon in November. It seems like there will be a lot to do between now and then to have the lake ready. It would be a huge loss economically for the valley if Tempe doesn't pull it off.

me and some friends went down to try and noodle the catfish stuck in the little ponds and they would yell at us when we went down in the lake. there are so many poles and fishing lures