Sign in to follow this  
oz31p

balistic calculator of the droid

I have heard of them . I searched but the only one I found is $3. But I would hate to buy one and it be crap. Most apps on the droid are free but not all. I went from a flip phone to this and is amazing I'm writing this post with it right now

The iphone has about a dozen apps for a ballistic cauculator. some of them you have to pay for , some are free. I got the winchester and istrelok apps for free. The winchester one is great, but only goes out to 500 yards, and is limited on bullet weights in its data base, the istrelok is also free and its great. just do an app search on your doid for (ballistic), And you should get a few to choose from. Some of the ones you pay for look awesome , but the free ones work just fine.

I posted a thread about wanting to write an BC for the Android OS, but someone beat me to it. Its called Shooter. I haven't downloaded it, but BoneCollector did. You may want to PM him and ask for a first hand account. Here is a link to the thread within it there is a link to a review by someone else with screen shots.

I have to admit the design is much more feature rich then what I was planning.

Don't know if they have it on the droid, but "Bulletflight" on the iPhone is amazing. It's pricey, but is also hands down the best ballistic program for the iPhone. Simple, easy to use, and accurate. Calcs spin drift and correolis (sp?), the whole 9. Sweet program.

This phone is amazing if I could find a 357mag app it would be all I need to carry. I'm. Going to check out the apps that were mentioned

Ill be getting the one on the droid pretty soon, mostly for wind doping but also to see how far off elevation can change my reticle, I havent had a chance to shoot my rifle out of my "comfort elevation" there was a thread some where on it

here it is

http://androidforums.com/android-applicati...listic-app.html

the guy who made the app is on there talking about it

I downloaded shooter like hayen said but when I did it was free. It now looks to be $10 for the app. I really haven't used it much to give a great review of all data included. What I have messed with seems pretty good though. I know I really didn't provide good info but I really haven't used much so don't want to give false info on something that isn't free.

I went ahead and downloaded shooter. So far I'm impressed. I'm going to do some long range practice this weekend to test it and my new mark 4 . As an added bonus you can email range tables to any one you like.

I also just got this application... i am still messing with it and trying out new things but so far i have to say this is a great program. The GPS of the phone inputs alot of the needed information and it has a declinator to get your angles correct using a program already available on the phone. For $10.00 i dont think you can go wrong...