I drew a 30A early November tag and was wondering if the area has gotten any rain this past week. I saw on the Weather Channel that it had a chance, but haven't spoken with anyone in the area. We're thinking about the Dos Cabazes area, does anyone know?

Craig

Craig- yes the unit has gotten rain, steady rain for the past 2 weeks however there has been a lack of flooding so the tanks are still mostly dry or have very few water in them. The steady rain will prove for good grass growth but empty tanks

Thanks. I don't ever remember it being as dry as it was last year. Consequently, I didn't find any good bucks either, so I'm sure the drought had an effect on antler growth. With the early rains and now entering the monsoon season, I might find a worthy buck.

Craig.

We are finally getting rain statewide on a more consistant basis and I planning a trip but may be going further south into the unit. Really depends on time and weather as I need to get familar with the unit after getting a leftover tag, early Dec, and have hunted 29 a bunch, have not set foot in 30A.

I'll post a report upon my return after the trip.

Chris

Access into the Doz Cabezas can be problematic unless he you know the right people.

Pretty heavy rains for the last two weeks on the west and north sides of the Chiricahuas. Several folks that I know who live south and west of Bowie have had their roads washed out. On the east side, most of the big draws have run down to the highway at least a couple of times. There will certainly be water in the tanks and catchments in the Chiricahuas. Farther south, rains have been spotty, but some ranches down south in the Peloncillos have had good rains. A friend over at Hereford reports that they have had several "frog stranglers" in the neighborhood of three inches each...FWIW

My brother and I were out scouting in 29 last week. Every ditch we crossed was running and the tank below where I shot my coues last year was spilling over. While glassing it seemed like every rock face had water running out of it. So there is lots of water down there right now....

On another note...we also found a rattlesnake that wouldn't buzz....I'm just glad he was out in the open and not hiding in the tall grass that was everywhere.

driving thru on my route whole unit is bright green and chiricahuas are getting slamed right now