Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk

bobcat

I need to finish skinning this cat and all that is left is head and feet. Im just not sure how to do the padds on the feet. If anyone could give me some pointers or even help that would be awesome. Its in the freezer now so it would have to be thawed out.(i live in east mesa)THE STORY.... Dec 2009This cat was the first call of the day in the carlos. What a way to start the day!! Two calls later another bobcat came in but i missing at about 250yrds. 7MM really ruined the belly though so when we mount it, probably will be laying down lol

post-3282-1280380742_thumb.jpg

post-3282-1280380756_thumb.jpg

post-3282-1280380770_thumb.jpg

Just take it over to Greg at Trails End Taxidermy. He will fix you right up :lol: . All kidding aside I would just freeze it and take it to a reputable taxidermist and they will skin it the right way to prevent any unecessary sewing. That would be the safest way to do it.

You are best to leave the feet and head in the skin and let your Taxidermist do that for you. He shouldn't charge you any more to finish skinning it out, but he may if you damage it trying to do it yourself. If it is in the freezer already make sure to double bag it to prevent freezer burn till you take it to your Taxi.

Just take it over to Greg at Trails End Taxidermy. He will fix you right up :lol: . All kidding aside I would just freeze it and take it to a reputable taxidermist and they will skin it the right way to prevent any unecessary sewing. That would be the safest way to do it.

LOL - I'm rolling on the floor here. I guess we all know where NOT to take a cat pelt!!!

I can't for the life of me kill a bobcat. I shot everything but a big horn and a bob cat. I got 3 lions, without guides, and would love to get a bob cat. Oh well! :)

TJ

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the Cat. make sure if you take it to Greg at Trails End Taxidermy (waiting time is around 4.5 years + )

TJ- Come to an APC meeting in Mesa in a few weeks and I will team you up on a Saturday club hunt with one of a few guys who shoot multiple bobcats every season. If you don't get one on your outing you will at least have an idea of what you're looking for terrain wise to target them. www.azpredatorcallers.com for meeting time and date.