Tines

Northern Arizonans

As some of you know, I talk with Lance pretty regularly. Flagstaff has been receiving a good amount of moisture lately and that combined with the Schultz Fire, there's quite a bit of flood damage taking place. And the unfortunate part for many homeowners is the rain doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon. I'm actually surprised that this isn't getting a little more media attention. Some of you also may have heard of a young girl that was killed a couple of weeks ago when most of this flooding started. Anyway, Lance said that it's been an impressive sight- not so much the amount of water and damage, but the volunteers who have come together to divert water, muck out houses and tirelessly fill sand bags. Many children, just a tad bigger than the bags themselves, doing whatever they can.

Attached are some pictures that I've received. The rains keep coming and not only are houses being severely damaged, saving utilities is becoming a "losing battle". To top if off, supposedly a pretty big storm is coming again today. I'm not completely familiar with all areas affected but I'm pretty sure that most are along 89 (North and East of Flagstaff). Please keep those in Flagstaff in your thoughts and prayers. Those who live up north, or close by, it sounds like there's plenty of assistance needed. Thanks....

post-500-1280776844_thumb.jpg

post-500-1280776851_thumb.jpg

post-500-1280776858_thumb.jpg

post-500-1280776866_thumb.jpg

Maybe ask Lance if there are certain groups or people organizing the volunteers so that if someone wants to help they can contact someone to find out how and where.

Just talked with Lance. He said that donations can be made through American Red Cross and United Way. There are also a few bagging stations where sand bags are made. Having bags already made is a huge help. I'll pass on more info as I get it.

I've got a buddy who has been working up there since day one on a crew that is trying to "stabilize some of the mountain areas above.... he says they are fighting a loosing battle with all the rain.... and are also in harms way as they work.... not pretty up there. Thoughts and Prayers.