Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Mysterious pics

one thing that I have found out is the direction your camera is facing can cause the infared sensor to snap shots. Also, water holes that coues hit in mid day and their body temp is less that the temp outside can cause your camera to mis opportunities. What time did the bear show up? Early am or atleast after a temp drop? This may not be your case but I have found it to affect my cameras.

Sounds weird for sure. Do not give up on your Moultrie I have one that works fine and I work with a few guys that have them and we all like them.

my older moultrie was not that great , but I have 4 of the newer style I-45 and they are great , very sensitive, almost to a fault, I get pictures of dragon flies, small birds,one camera had almost 3000 pictures in 3 weeks and my regular duracells were still at 80% full,I have had good luck with moultrie overall. but i am planning on checking my cameras at the end of the month so I can add one of those new coverts to my collection.LOL. I also bought some bear boxes for my cameras from Eric at payson outfitters ,They are truly awesome. I posted a picture of one of our bear boxes , its about a 9 mile round trip to check all the cameras and my boys love going to see all the cool pictures.

Is your moultrie camera about 3 years old? I think its the d series, if so they are pretty crappy compared to the newer ones. but you will never go wrong with the coverts.

post-1975-1281508960_thumb.jpg

I'm not familiar with moultrie, but I have noticed windy day's will produce a lot of pictures of trees and grass moving. Are you sure there were deer there to be missed? If you got a fox, I'm pretty sure you would get a coues deer. If at all possible orientate your camera where it is facing N/S not East/West. The sun will mess with it at times as well. Clear out any branches or brush that you can close to the camera.

my older moultrie was not that great , but I have 4 of the newer style I-45 and they are great , very sensitive, almost to a fault, I get pictures of dragon flies, small birds,one camera had almost 3000 pictures in 3 weeks and my regular duracells were still at 80% full,I have had good luck with moultrie overall. but i am planning on checking my cameras at the end of the month so I can add one of those new coverts to my collection.LOL. I also bought some bear boxes for my cameras from Eric at payson outfitters ,They are truly awesome. I posted a picture of one of our bear boxes , its about a 9 mile round trip to check all the cameras and my boys love going to see all the cool pictures.

Is your moultrie camera about 3 years old? I think its the d series, if so they are pretty crappy compared to the newer ones. but you will never go wrong with the coverts.

To be honest I opened up the box and did not even pay attention to the model number. I was so excited to get a cam and give it a try. But it was just this last fathers day so it should be a fairly newer model.

I set it up at my chicken coop to play with it and it did just great taking night shots and day shots and shots of the leaves rolling across the ground so I wasn't too worried about it out in the field.

Just really caught me off guard to find deer tracks in the middle of my cam view and not pics of deer.

Lots of good info thanks.