Sign in to follow this  
WFGinNM

Coues' Poses

Tommy,

I completely see what you are saying, and don't think that you were putting too much tought into it. I sit in different rooms of the house trying to picture how heads will look in relationship with everything else also (the Wife just shakes her head at me) :lol:. I will probably mock up a mannikin that I can rotate left and right to see which side I would prefer forward. I'm not opposed to a right turn at all, I was actually thinking of getting a left and right. Mounting the antlers, place it on the wall and see which I like better before I proceed with the mount. :D

--Bill

I like to have them in a pose I remember the buck in when I first saw him. It makes it easy to visualize them and re-live the whole experience.

Here are some of the forms we are using for coues. They give us a good starting point, as none of the available forms are totally correct for the deer in this area. We can always customize the pose at no extra charge (more turn, less turn, head tilt, Chin more up or down ect) Also remember good field photos help tremendously in recreating the individual facial structure of YOUR trophy.

Full Sneak

post-3674-1281554764_thumb.jpg

post-3674-1281554781_thumb.jpg

Semi-Sneak

post-3674-1281554800_thumb.jpg

Semi-Sneak Wall Ped

post-3674-1281554811_thumb.jpg

post-3674-1281554830_thumb.jpg

Semi-Sneak Wall Ped with clay work to copy bone and muscle structure of this particular buck....

post-3674-1281554864_thumb.jpg

post-3674-1281554876_thumb.jpg

post-3674-1281554846_thumb.jpg

I really think i am going to take my next trophy to Wild Heritage. I am impressed with the attention to detail.

I really think i am going to take my next trophy to Wild Heritage. I am impressed with the attention to detail.

+1 VERY NICE!!

I think the tag states 100 4/8" is that another 100" for the C n S clann......

Whooo Hooooo! Check out the sexy antlers on that Buck! ;) :D

Yes sir... that is the Hard Way, Lion Buck! ;) And the new "Semi-Sneak Wall Ped" form in Dale's (Heather's) post will soon have Colton's 100"er from January on it! We have piling 100"ers on Dale and Heather for almost a year now... and as thefinished mounts start to come home from their shop the smiles and nods are the proof that Dale is doing a GREAT job on them! ;) 0

Bill, Sorry for the hi-jack!! :rolleyes:

I think the tag states 100 4/8" is that another 100" for the C n S clann......

Whooo Hooooo! Check out the sexy antlers on that Buck! ;) :D

Yes sir... that is the Hard Way, Lion Buck! ;) And the new "Semi-Sneak Wall Ped" form in Dale's (Heather's) post will soon have Colton's 100"er from January on it! We have piling 100"ers on Dale and Heather for almost a year now... and as thefinished mounts start to come home from their shop the smiles and nods are the proof that Dale is doing a GREAT job on them! ;) 0

Bill, Sorry for the hi-jack!! :rolleyes:

Not a problem Gino, I'll take all the Coues' info I can get. All great posts, keep the ideas coming. I also love looking at WildHeritageTaxidermy's work in progress. Real good knowledge to be had.

Thanks,

--Bill