Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto C

Ggrrr we are mad!!

Man ernesto! You gotta hit em to kill em man!!! hahaha... just kidding... I've got a similar story to go along with this one, back in april i was in Australia finishing up a two year mission and got word through email that a coyote jumped our back fence and got our little weiner dog out of her bed and messed her up good enough to kill her. We live in Vail, just outside of Tucson, in a smaller neighborhood butting up to a large ranch just chalk full of critters. So I was livid and needed a little revenge. I got home May 6th and wasn't long until i was sitting in my first stand in two years. I set up overlooking a large wash with mesquites everywhere, typical desert landscape, about half a mile from our neighborhood, facing away from the neighborhood. I stuck primarily to jack rabbit distress, and tried a little wood pecker stuff, all hand call action, and after about 20 minutes of calling had nothing. So I packed up and headed back to the house... I walked about 100 yards from my stand and happened to glance back and about 20 yards behind where i was sitting were two yotes wondering where there free meal had run off to, so...just like clock work, i was set up in about 5 seconds and in about 20 seconds one of those coyotes was relocated back to heck...where she came from. It was my first stand, and first shot after a two year hunting sabatical and it felt REAL good! haha...

well yesterday i got a text from my mom (i've moved to chandler now and no longer live with the parents) and yesterday morning around 615 my 11 year old little brother was out playing with two more weiner dog puppies, these being my sister's dogs that we were dogsitting. He went inside for 2 minutes to get something and when he came back outside he found a coyote with one of the puppies in it's mouth! Now we have a 5 foot block fence and no with rod iron gates and stuff... this aint no chain link fence or anything... so... He hollared and the yote dropped the dog (a few puncture wounds, but nothing a little antibiotics and painkillers can't take care of) and in one bounce was over the fence and gone. That yote had the guts to jump the fence when it knew that there were humans around and in broad daylight... So needless to say, there will be some " relocation" efforts taken out in the coming weeks. I'm gonna oil up the shot gun and try some thick cover, in your face calling, and see what we can do... So ernesto... we feel your pain buddy! Whack em and stack em!

dam well if i knew you were close to me i would gladly help out, bring up couple hand fulls of 270 rounds, but since you said 110 temps. im guessing you up by phoenix or by the cali border???

hope to hear that you've killed a couple next outing

Sucks to hear bout the dog and the trouble for your family....sounds like an eye (preferably eyes) for an eye situation is more than warranted. I would love to test out my new caller this weekend and learn how to use it before it cools down. I have a feeling if you post the general local the fine members of this forum could help you thin things out for your family if needed. Good Luck and God Bless

I'm in Yuma. Phoenix does not get hot as Yuma. My brother just called me 4 minutes ago (8 pm) He said the coyots are hawling like crazy right behind his house. He can hear them every night and/or every morning. It feels like they are having fun with us.............we will pay them another visit soon. They won the first round....we'll see the second one who will be hawling :ph34r:

Ernesto C