Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Machaca de Oso

Hi,

This is a machaca I made out of some of my spring bear meat.

First, I made the salsa. I hand chop all ingredients with a knife, no blenders, as they weaken the flavor of the salsa. I diced a bunch of tomatoes (about 40 medium sized), three *** *****, eight **************, four ********, and six packets of ******* seasoning.

Next, I prepared the bear meat. I had two roasts, completely lean with hardly any fat, that I boiled and simmered on the stove for three to four hours with a half brown onion in each pot. I then placed the roasts in crockpots overnight on low. In the morning, I shreaded the roasts by hand into tiny long strips.

Finally, I mixed some of the bear meat with the homemade salsa and simmered over medium heat for about an hour.

Cook up some tortillas, and bingo! Machaca de Oso!!!

So sorry, my wife caught me typing this out and refused to let me divulge her secret family recipie for homemade salsa, hence the presence of the ********. But there is a nice salsa recipie already listed in this forum!

post-4429-1281827770_thumb.jpg

Well, we know who wears the pants in the Kidso family.

Yup! My wife rules me! Yet, she is sweet enough to support my hunting habit and will cook and eat any game that I bring home. Lion is her favorite, which just might get me out into the field this weekend, as our lion supply is running low and 24A is opening up! :D