Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

tucson ranges?

Just wondering if anyone in tucson knew of any shooting ranges in or near tucson that are over 100 yards. I have been going to the threepoints range but its about a 60 mile round trip. lookin for something closer if there is anything?

thanks

Daniel

there's a new one out by the fairgrounds that goes out to 200yds.take I-10 to houghton go south about 1 1/2 miles to breke make a right. take breke till it dead ends.make a right and its about a mile down on the left. hope this helps you out.

My friend Leroy yesterday said something about the Tucson Rod and Gun club going to build a range up in Redington....If they do, I hope it's not to far up there to where it brings a big old mess of problems for the area :(

Here is a message I got on the TRGC from a board member: Origunally we were planning for the Race Track Tank site at Redington Pass. The Redington Road has been greatly improved and is now maintained to passenger car standards. Then, in late June we discovered a much larger and better site a few minutes further down the road. We have gotten topographical maps and are having the range design people look at them to determine the best alternatives and to develop a plan.

FYI,

Was at Pima Pistol Club last weekend. 100 yard and 200 yard rifle range. 10 minuets from Rancho Vistoso in Oro Valley.

Call ahead because if there is a competition the 200 yard range mau not be available. I like 3 points but the drive from Oro Valley is a bit much. Once I have a load worked up to my satisfaction I'll go out there to get in some longrange trigger time.

My $0.02

Matt

If anyone ever wants to venture out here to Ajo we have a shooting range that goes out to 500 yards. I am out there in teh mornings on my weekends off so if anyone wants to come down and shoot let me know.